Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Seems To Be Killing My Internet..

Options

I installed Bitdefender total security 2013 about 3 or 4 days ago. At first everything was fine, but the last couple of days the internet gets slow as ######, pages won't load all the way. Sometimes I can't even see search results. If a page is not loading it sometimes messes up my whole internet so I can't open another page or log into AIM, even if I close down all the internet windows. Having these problems in Firefox, IE and Chrome. IE sometimes won't even load my homepage..

Basically I am wondering 3 things.

1. Is there some simple way to fix this? Because it seems people have been having trouble with this for months (looking through the board)

2. I want to make sure that it is BD doing this, so I thought of uninstalling it, but then when I reinstall, will it recognise that I have already had it installed on my laptop and thus not use up another lisense? Or can I just use system restore to put it back to my old antivirus, test the speed and then just restore it back to now if I want to?

3. I REALLY NEED TO KNOW THIS... Do I have the right to get a refund within a certain amount of time? Because to be honest I rather just save myself the hassle of trying to fix a problem that seems to be unfixable, and I don't see why I should spend money on something that's proving to be pretty useless... Sorry to say that but that's how it feels.

Thanks.

Comments

• Towser83
    edited December 2012
    Options

I am so glad people are on hand to help...

To anyone who actually might want to help for real, I've noticed the big problems are

Facebook - very slow loading pics, sometimes freezes up and I can't use any browser or for instance AIM for about 10 mins. Sometimes not showing people's profile pics etc

PayPal can take ages to log into.

• Soooo basically still no help on this?

• Soooo basically still no help on this?

pretty much none. You can re-enter your key every time you reinstall... But, there are a lot of threads about BD making internet choppy. Only "solution" is to delete bdtl.dll in safemode and disable program updates so it doesn't make that file again. If you want internet you're going to have to switch suites (comodo free works decently)

• cohbraz
    Options
    pretty much none. You can re-enter your key every time you reinstall... But, there are a lot of threads about BD making internet choppy. Only "solution" is to delete bdtl.dll in safemode and disable program updates so it doesn't make that file again. If you want internet you're going to have to switch suites (comodo free works decently)

The issue will be fixed via a product update. This update could occur at any time without notice, written or otherwise, and may or may actually repair the issue you have just described. In the case that the issue is not fixed via the product update, please wait for an update to the product update. However, in extreme cases, a revised update may have to be made to the updated update, in which case your issue then will most likely be resolved but you will not notice due to other issues that the updated caused.

Have a good day!