Two Green Circles, Searching Twice The Links.

Why Bitdefender searching twice some links on the search engine? See the attachment.

post-31288-1360728874_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Maybe it has something to do with it being in an "add related" box, and is finding another link associated with that highlighted add box search result?

post-4566-1360731431_thumb.jpg

• On opera it looks like this, see the attachment while on other browsers (firefox, google chrome and IE9) it look like as in the attachment in my previous post.

post-31288-1360815603_thumb.jpg

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013

It's just a different position but in the same context as yours and my post image (I was using Chrome) in regards that these extra Bd link icons are in the first group of search results, in an "ad box". So it must have something to do with what Bitdefender is catching link wise in the ad box search result itself.

Now, how Opera and Bitdefender work out where these two search advisor icons are located on the links, can be just an esthetic thing. I guess it's just the idea that there are 2 of them, maybe for the reason I mentioned here, and in post# 2?

As to not bring into this thread a competitors AV brand name of their link search results....I wonder what WOT would show? Maybe since Bd does have such excellent antiphishing, that it is a little more "sensitive" to other associated links within a ad box search result...or just a, reading the link, glitch?

By the way Omer, are you a welder?

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    It's just a different position but in the same context as yours and my post image (I was using Chrome) in regards that these extra Bd link icons are in the first group of search results, in an "ad box". So it must have something to do with what Bitdefender is catching link wise in the ad box search result itself.

Now, how Opera and Bitdefender work out where these two search advisor icons are located on the links, can be just an esthetic thing. I guess it's just the idea that there are 2 of them, maybe for the reason I mentioned here, and in post# 2?

As to not bring into this thread a competitors AV brand name of their link search results....I wonder what WOT would show? Maybe since Bd does have such excellent antiphishing, that it is a little more "sensitive" to other associated links within a ad box search result...or just a, reading the link, glitch?

Hmmm....I agree with you, this may be the reason. Bitdefender is becoming "Sensitive Silent Security Suite with Sleeping Support Headache(SSSSSSh)" :rolleyes:

By the way Omer, are you a welder?

What do you mean by that and how did you say like this? I can't understand.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013

Apologies, I should have looked at more links, and web pages....it looks to be a more of a precision soldering/hot air gun, and as one description on a web page said, for cell phone repair....am I getting warmer ? :D Otherwise, who out of the clear blue, off the top of their heads, looks up, smd rework station kada 850, as a Google search ^_^

kada.jpg

• Apologies, I should have looked at more links, and web pages....it looks to be a more of a precision soldering/hot air gun, and as one description on a web page said, for cell phone repair....am I getting warmer ? :D Otherwise, who out of the clear blue, off the top of their heads, looks up, smd rework station kada 850, as a Google search ^_^

kada.jpg

Oh I see, my mistake, I am not a welder, I am B.E Industrial Electronics. Actually I need the SMD rework station for my office lab and I was looking for its manual etc.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013

Very cool, thank you for that information about yourself. It's nice to know a little bit more about you :)