Bd 2008 Disabled Self

I went to my computer today and noticed I had a critical warning. I checked everything and noticed everything was disabled including firewall and realtime tracking. I tried to fix everything but was unsucessful, the only thing I could do was reboot the computer. This left my computer vulnerable all night. this is the 3rd time this has happened. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• I use BD TS and i have seen this event on my PC. I do not know what is causing this behavior and i hope this in not another update issues.

U can go to start\run type services.msc and look for Bitdefender Virus Shield and if is stopped you can start it, and so you will start the real time protection.

Hope a fix will be available for this, soon !!!

• Sadly, I noticed this behavior after some updates (mainly the Product Updates, which require System restart).

One alternative would be to set BitDefender to ask before making an update.

Cris.

• mine has been doing this as well, only on my vista machine though. it does it pretty much everyday, i get a box telling me it encountered some problem and asks me to send the report to bitdefender.

getting very annoyed, when is this issue going to be fixed?

• I have had the same problem. Glad to hear it is not just me. I thought that I had a virus or something. So glad I only installed the trial version. Definitely won't be buying any bitdefender products now. You would think that they would make sure it works before they release it. How annoying.

This discussion has been closed.