Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Last Updated 2-3 Days Old--no Definitions Updates?

Options

I have Bitdefender installed on two Win 7-64 machines. It had been updating definitions multiple times a day. Now it hasn't updated them in 2-3 days (different on the two different machines). There appears to be no way to manually update them.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• xb7
    Options
    I have Bitdefender installed on two Win 7-64 machines. It had been updating definitions multiple times a day. Now it hasn't updated them in 2-3 days (different on the two different machines). There appears to be no way to manually update them.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

PS It is version 1.0.14.889

• Hello,

There are some maintenance jobs in progress, we are working on it, should be fixed in the next hours.

Thanks for feedback,

Alex

• Made an account just to make this post, I can also verify the original posters claim.

It was alarming for me because I just installed BitDefender Free Edition and I was worried my copy was broken and wasn't auto updating.

Good to know its being fixed!

• Problem solved, sorry for the inconvenience.

Alex

• xb7
    Options
    Problem solved, sorry for the inconvenience.

Alex

When I booted up this morning (2/22), BD did update virus definitions, first time since 2/18. My follow-up question is: Can the user of the Free Edition request a manual definitions update? It appears not. Do the paid version allow this? Or is definition updating strictly determined by the program?

• When I booted up this morning (2/22), BD did update virus definitions, first time since 2/18. My follow-up question is: Can the user of the Free Edition request a manual definitions update? It appears not. Do the paid version allow this? Or is definition updating strictly determined by the program?

I have the same issue - Windows 8x64 - Bitdefender free edition has not updated in the last few days. It is a great product, hopefully this bug can be fixed.

• I have the same issue - Windows 8x64 - Bitdefender free edition has not updated in the last few days. It is a great product, hopefully this bug can be fixed.

Problem has been fixed, thanks Bitdefender team!

This discussion has been closed.