Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Excessive Installation Time

BDAV2013 takes significantly longer to install than BDAV2012.

My system: IBM Netvista 8305, P4 3.06gb cpu, 1gb ram, Windows XP Pro w/sp3.

Using a spare, clean, 40g harddrive, I restored a "starter" image (image was previously created from a 'clean' install of Windows). This image contains only the basics (sp3, windows updates current at the time I built it). Drivers all current. No other security stuff, other than Windows Firewall. I then used the offline installer for BDAV2013 32bit, downloaded 2 days ago, with internet connection disabled. Used all default settings.

The install of BDAV2013 took 1hour & 7 minutes

I then restored the same starter image, and installed BDAV2012, using its offline installer. It only took 5 (FIVE) minutes!! That has been my experience installing it on several other machines.

I have removed & reinstalled BDAV2013 3 or 4 times on this same machine on its normal hard drive trying to resolve another issue, and the time has always been roughly the same, that's why I decided to do this test, using what is essentially a clean Windows install.

Why does BDAV2013 take 13 times as long to accomplish the same thing as 2012 ???? (67 minutes vs 5 minutes)

Comments

• Sorry, ONT, but all you're telling me to do is reinstall Windows from an OEM disc (which I don't happen to have - I used IBM's factory recovery discs, from which I made the image). And, all things considered, the only variable here is which version of BDAV - 2012 vs 2013. Each was installed on a fresh copy of the image. And, to repeat, 2013 took 67 minutes, vs 5 minutes for 2012. This issue is unrelated to the issue in the thread you are pointing to.