Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Windows 8 Security Firewall And Grc Leaktest

Options

I've decided to test BD Windows 8 Security firewall and downloaded a utility, GRC LeakTest from here:

http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

My BD 8 with the default settings failed the test immediately.

I've logged in as Administrator and changed my settings from Normal to Aggressive.

My BD 8 failed the test again.

I set my firewall settings to Paranoid Mode.

This time, BD 8 was the winner - GRC LeakTest could not leave my computer.

Therefore, if you want to have A REAL FIREWALL FROM BD, set your firewall settings to Paranoid mode and start clicking on those warning pop-ups.

If you want to browse the Internet without annoying pop-ups, turn Paranoid Mode off and learn how to "live dangerously" without firewall.

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello indie,

Leaktest.exe is very old (2005 I think) and it does not contain any real threat. This is why the Bitdefender firewall does not block it.

Now, if Paranoid mode is OFF, the Bitdefender firewall allows the traffic of this application simply because it's not infected. If the engines response comes as "Clean", an automatic rule is created and therefore, the traffic is allowed.

The leaktest from GRC is far from being an industry standard test because it's just a very simple application that connects to a server. It can't be compared to EICAR test for the antivirus protection.

If you have other concerns please don't hesitate to post back. :)

Have a great day!

• Rampant
    Options

This test does not have a digital signature, it should be regarded as suspicious, no?

• To Georgia,

What is with the "Group: Technical Support".

I thought that the Bitdefender customers are not entitle to any answers from Tech Support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, about your answer. (Nothing personal - strictly business.)

It's outrageous and dangerous if it's the reason that BitDefender has decided not to react:

"Leaktest.exe is very old (2005 I think) and it does not contain any real threat. This is why the Bitdefender firewall does not block it."

BitDefender assumed that it is not a big deal. I'm too lazy to inform my CUSTOMER about it.

OUTRAGEOUS ANSWER!

Next, I've tried Bitdefender's reaction on different tests, Zemana Keylogger/ClipBoardLogger/WebCamLogger.

BitDefender Windows 8 Security on Windows 8 and Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on Windows 7 did not react to my Zemana keylogger Tests. Reaction was Zero, Zilch, Nada.

One of the careless responses was, "Developers already know this and say it is not real bypass".

For many years, I was Avira's loyal customer. To my regret, Avira 2013 is not ready yet for Windows 8.

BitDefender, please don't be lazy and overconfident. React to all of my tests, otherwise, G-DATA antivirus looks very good, and Avira is working very hard to get me back.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    This test does not have a digital signature, it should be regarded as suspicious, no?

I doubt that Bitdefender prefer to check for the malicious behavior of the application tested, if there is found no malicious behavior, it declared it as clean without considering its digital signature presence or authentication etc.