Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Restarts Twice In A Day

Options
Randyboy99
edited February 2013 in Update

I am running BDTS 2013 on a windows 7 x64 HP laptop. I have noticed today the little number 1 in the top section of the BD Widget. I know to click the number which takes me to the event . Once there I was told twice today that my computer needed to be rebooted to replace all files after the BD Update. I have rarely ever been asked to reboot after an update unless I have been offline or the update was really important. Never have I had the number in the update part of the widget twice in a day. Are you mods aware of these restart requests or is this just the app breaking down on me? Please try and give me some kind of answer if you know. There is a screen of the event request

post-22122-1361993871_thumb.png

post-22122-1361994002_thumb.png

Comments

• ozziebear
    Options
    I am running BDTS 2013 on a windows 7 x64 HP laptop. I have noticed today the little number 1 in the top section of the BD Widget. I know to click the number which takes me to the event . Once there I was told twice today that my computer needed to be rebooted to replace all files after the BD Update. I have rarely ever been asked to reboot after an update unless I have been offline or the update was really important. Never have I had the number in the update part of the widget twice in a day. Are you mods aware of these restart requests or is this just the app breaking down on me? Please try and give me some kind of answer if you know. There is a screen of the event request

Hi...I'm quite sure BD is aware of this issue. I'm on reboot #6 today and there is another one showing in the widget. I've been using BDTS for a year now, and this is the 3rd time I've run into this issue. It seems that sometimes when BD releases a new build this happens. One thing to watch for...open the update event viewer log and see what files are being installed. If the same files are being 'sucessfully installed' over and over again, then there's a good chance that something was corrupted in which case a repair might solve the problem. If the files are different after each reboot, then I don't think there is much you can do other than play the game until everything is downloaded. This may take a day or two. Georgia, if you are monitoring this, we would appreciate your input.

• Hi...I'm quite sure BD is aware of this issue. I'm on reboot #6 today and there is another one showing in the widget. I've been using BDTS for a year now, and this is the 3rd time I've run into this issue. It seems that sometimes when BD releases a new build this happens. One thing to watch for...open the update event viewer log and see what files are being installed. If the same files are being 'sucessfully installed' over and over again, then there's a good chance that something was corrupted in which case a repair might solve the problem. If the files are different after each reboot, then I don't think there is much you can do other than play the game until everything is downloaded. This may take a day or two. Georgia, if you are monitoring this, we would appreciate your input.

So good to get your reply with what I believe is the answer I was looking for, plus you asked Georgia or Christian to follow this post or thread to keep us updated on this. I went through the logs of the updates and it does appear that on some of the updates logs the same files are there, but I think if you take a look at the screenshot that I sent with the first post you will notice at the bottom it says " update requires a system reboot to REPLACE ALL FILES". My thinking on the capitol letters are that the certain updates that are requiring the reboot have ALL the downloaded files in them in order to REPLACE all files. I don't know if you are following me here, but the updates that didn't require reboots had like 4 files whereas the ones that were reboot had a lot, some of them being ones that were already downloaded. that was just a feeling on my part. Whatever the case I had one of those restarts yesterday and 2 so far today. I guess we just as you said, "play the game" until we know different. Thanks Oz.

• ozziebear
    Options
    So good to get your reply with what I believe is the answer I was looking for, plus you asked Georgia or Christian to follow this post or thread to keep us updated on this. I went through the logs of the updates and it does appear that on some of the updates logs the same files are there, but I think if you take a look at the screenshot that I sent with the first post you will notice at the bottom it says " update requires a system reboot to REPLACE ALL FILES". My thinking on the capitol letters are that the certain updates that are requiring the reboot have ALL the downloaded files in them in order to REPLACE all files. I don't know if you are following me here, but the updates that didn't require reboots had like 4 files whereas the ones that were reboot had a lot, some of them being ones that were already downloaded. that was just a feeling on my part. Whatever the case I had one of those restarts yesterday and 2 so far today. I guess we just as you said, "play the game" until we know different. Thanks Oz.

No problem Randy....My last action was to run a repair as I noticed that the same four files were stuck in a loop of continuously downloading, requesting a reboot and marked as successfully installed. That was over 3 hours ago . I'm not sure if that solved anything or not because I see that there have been no updates since I did that. Anyway I'm sure that things will straighten out eventually.

• I think I am up to about my 4th reboot for the day so far, seems a waste rebooting as shortly after the request for another reboot appears. Very annoying!

• No problem Randy....My last action was to run a repair as I noticed that the same four files were stuck in a loop of continuously downloading, requesting a reboot and marked as successfully installed. That was over 3 hours ago . I'm not sure if that solved anything or not because I see that there have been no updates since I did that. Anyway I'm sure that things will straighten out eventually.

I'm done guys. Just those 2 and that was it although I had the normal updates throughout the day. I am now showing build # 16.27.0.1763. Does that sound right?

• ozziebear
    Options
    I'm done guys. Just those 2 and that was it although I had the normal updates throughout the day. I am now showing build # 16.27.0.1763. Does that sound right?

HI...yes I believe thats the latest build. I haven't had a reboot request for awhile either so hopefully thats it for this one.

• I also have the problem of reboot requests a couple of times a day.

Also showing the latest build # 16.27.0.1763.

Running Vista SP3 fully updated.

Any advice appreciated.

• ChevChelios
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello Guys! I've the same problem with loop-reboot. This new build is the problem, I think. Maybe someone from BD staff help us with this problem???

• Hi all!

Solution of the problem, even if it is a little embarrassing, is simple!

Start / All Programs / Bitdefender 2013 / Repair or uninstall

Select product repair and everything will work perfectly after restart!

I've done the same, everything is OK. Yesterday I made ​​this repair

P.S. : sorry for the poor English used

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• You hear what our partner Gini here says down below? I had 2 event notices this morning here in Canada, (it's 0945 right now as I post) when I got up to work on my laptop. They were in the update section, but this time it was the server was screwed up and the program wasn't able to connect properly to the server to update, but I watched it update properly w/o me having to do anything at all, so maybe it was just another hiccup. Gini says to run a repair, but I'll wait until I'm either told by a Moderator or it crashes again. It's funny that Georgia or Christian has not weighed in on this yet. Keep me posted as to what you are gonna do either way as it looks as though there are a few of us in this boat now.

• saxel
    Options
    Hi all!

Solution of the problem, even if it is a little embarrassing, is simple!

Start / All Programs / Bitdefender 2013 / Repair or uninstall

Select product repair and everything will work perfectly after restart!

I've done the same, everything is OK. Yesterday I made ​​this repair

P.S. : sorry for the poor English used

Your English is fine, and your good advice seems to have worked for me.

I was a little worried when my system crashed during the uninstall part of the repair.

However after rebooting and reselecting repair, it continued and completed successfully, and so far so good !

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

Try alternative update server.

http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/