Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Invalid Md5

Can anyone tell me why this happens every time that I update, either manually or automatically? It's been doing this for weeks. I opened a support case but, for whatever reason, they are not responding at all.

Thanks in advance,

G

post-25032-1245511425_thumb.png

Comments

• Can anyone tell me why this happens every time that I update, either manually or automatically? It's been doing this for weeks. I opened a support case but, for whatever reason, they are not responding at all.

Thanks in advance,

G

post-25032-1245511425_thumb.png

Hello PhotoG ,

As my colleague told you , when an MD5 update error occurs , it means that our update servers are in the middle of the synchronization process. In this way it is possible that the update validation mechanism reports the error (a newer file is available).

In your case , most probably this issue is caused by something else . In order to further troubleshoot this issue , I have sent you a reply to the open ticket that you have and I would like you to send us back an email with the information's that we have asked you .

• Alex,

I have received exactly one reply from BD support in the three weeks that my case has been open. It was not from you (see below), and no further data was requested by Costel Belciu. I did exactly as I was aked, and I responded promptly that I still have the problem.

On another thread in this forum, however, you declared that there is a workaround for the problem. Please openly post this workaround so that everyone can benefit from your solution to this known issue.

Usually when you run into the "Invalid md5" at the update moment it means that our update servers are in the middle of the synchronization process. In this way it is possible that the update validation mechanism reports the error (a newer file is available).

The best solution in this case is to wait for a couple of more hours and try to update at a later time. Therefore we strongly recommend you to manually check for updates after a couple of hours. In order to check for updates please open BitDefender, go to "Update" and click "Update now".

Please confirm that the issue has been fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Costel Belciu

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

• Alex,

I have received exactly one reply from BD support in the three weeks that my case has been open. It was not from you (see below), and no further data was requested by Costel Belciu. I did exactly as I was aked, and I responded promptly that I still have the problem.

On another thread in this forum, however, you declared that there is a workaround for the problem. Please openly post this workaround so that everyone can benefit from your solution to this known issue.

Hello PhotoG ,

We have sent you an email 2 days ago but most probably you have not received because you have a Gmail account . I will resend it to you shortly .

• can you please help me too?

we have the same problem, i cant update also my bitdefender v10.

(Invalid MD5)

my os is windows 8.

please help me.

thanks.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Please note that Bitdefender v10 is not compatible with Windows 8.

Please upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2013:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=130&id=42

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.