Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mapi Account In Ms Outlook 2007

My Hotmail account runs through MS Office Outlook 2007 by the Outlook Hotmail Connector. The Hotmail account is MAPI which is neither POP3 or SMTP so my question is do I need to even run the BD Antispam module if my account is neither POP3 or SMTP? From what I have read BD Antispam only works if the accounts are POP3/SMTP. Am I correct? If so how do I turn the module off, from the interface of Total SEcurity or in the Setttings? Please be clear with me OK?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Randyboy99,

Anti-spam protection is provided indeed only for POP3/SMTP e-mail clients. However, if you are using Microsoft Outlook and the Microsoft Outlook Connector, you can define your Hotmail account just like any regular POP3 email account:

- Hotmail incoming mail server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)

- Hotmail outgoing mail server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)

There's no need to disable the anti-spam module, but if you ever need to do so follow these steps:

- open the Bitdefender window

- on the Anti-spam panel click the switch to turn OFF Antispam

Please post back if you need further assistance.