Bitdefender Blocking System Restore

BD seems to be blocking a system restore i want to do. how do i turn BD off or allow it to do the restore?

running windows 7 pro 64bit

Comments

• BD seems to be blocking a system restore i want to do. how do i turn BD off or allow it to do the restore?

running windows 7 pro 64bit

Hi novice123,

With XP, I have to reinstall Bitdefender everytime I launch a system restoration, so... I guess you will have issue with BD even if you could do it.

I do not know Seven, maybe issues are similar:

Check if you can deactivate Bitdefender in fail safe mode, then process to a restoration... then launch a repair/remove to reinstall BD.

Oh, You can't turn BD off at all? with the right button on the mouse on BD's red ball? You can't open BD to deactivate its services? So reboot in fail safe mode, it will work maybe...

have a nice day,

:)

L.

• universal-erica
    edited October 2010
    Hi novice123,

With XP, I have to reinstall Bitdefender everytime I launch a system restoration, so... I guess you will have issue with BD even if you could do it.

I do not know Seven, maybe issues are similar:

Check if you can deactivate Bitdefender in fail safe mode, then process to a restoration... then launch a repair/remove to reinstall BD.

Oh, You can't turn BD off at all? with the right button on the mouse on BD's red ball? You can't open BD to deactivate its services? So reboot in fail safe mode, it will work maybe...

have a nice day,

:)

L.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Hello,

Please read this Microsoft article about how Antivirus software and System Restore work together:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831829

Kind regards,

• Please read this Microsoft article about how Antivirus software and System Restore work together:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831829

So the solution is to turn off System Restore, thereby deleting all past restore points, as part of the initial BitDefender installation?

It seems that is what Microsoft's solution is, since any virus caught during restoration will block the restoration. Do you agree?

This doesn't really help someone who really needs to restore, but it is good to know for new BitDefender installations. Thanks.