Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Google: To Remove The Green Icon?

Options
FoxAdriano
edited March 2013 in General

Hi friends, I have just installed Bitdefender antivirus 2013. Now when I make a search with Google on every thread (on the left) I see a green icon. How can I remove it?

Thanks

Comments

• cohbraz
    Options
    Hi friends, I have just installed Bitdefender antivirus 2013. Now when I make a search with Google on every thread (on the left) I see a green icon. How can I remove it?

Thanks

Go to Settings --> Privacy Control --> Antiphishing Tab

Change the On/Off switch for "Search Advisor" to Off.

That should turn off the indicators.

• just wondering why would you want to turn it off?

• columbo
    Options

Some people may find it annoying? especially if you have it set to scan your Facebook page, as it can have quite a few green dots with all those links.

The protection is still there with the Antiphising component still active, and would throw up the BD blocked page warning if you were to try to click to a link Search Advisor would have otherwise flagged.

Maybe FoxAdriano has a different reason?

• Maybe FoxAdriano has a different reason?
    My only reason I cannot see those green dots. I don't like at all to see an intrusive antivirus. I'm sorry but I don't understand fine. If I switch "Search Advisor" to Off, will surfing be not protect against infected files?

Thanks

• columbo
    Options
    My only reason I cannot see those green dots. I don't like at all to see an intrusive antivirus. I'm sorry but I don't understand fine. If I switch "Search Advisor" to Off, will surfing be not protect against infected files?

Thanks

Let me try to help clarify this :)

Even if you turn Search Advisor off, you will still be protected in your surfing by Bitdefender's Privacy/Antiphishing protection, and also the real time Antivirus protection as far as files are concerned.

The below images are an example of having the Search Advisor on, and the 2nd one of it being off. Either way, you will still get the BD blocked page warning, 3rd image. The Search Advisor is just trying to give you a heads up in advance of a possible threat, phishing site. I find the green icons comfortaing in seeing that the protection is active and working.

You can test it for yourself by going to the False Positive forum, and trying one of the links that hasn't been approved yet, to confirm and see it for yourself. Again, as long as you keep the Privacy control and AV on, you are protected during your surfing.

post-4566-1362927172_thumb.png post-4566-1362927193_thumb.pngpost-4566-1362927259_thumb.png

I hope this helped,

Scott

• FoxAdriano
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Even if you turn Search Advisor off, you will still be protected in your surfing by Bitdefender's Privacy/Antiphishing protection, and also the real time Antivirus protection as far as files are concerned.

ped,

Thanks a lot for your precious news and for your availability. If I don't disturb you I'd like to ask: I don't see the automatic option to scan my hard drives. In other words: I'd like Bitdefender scans my hard drives Thursday at 6:00 pm o' clock.

Thanks again one.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome, it was gladly done :)

• FoxAdriano
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You're welcome, it was gladly done :)
    I'm sorry but I have just read the User Guide but I don't see how I can configure it. I don't know where is that option. Can you tell me plese? Thanks again one.
  • columbo
    Options

Hello :)

Apologies, I did not see your follow up question in your previous post.

With Bitdefender, there is no option to create a Scheduled Scan. Their reasoning is that when you first install Bitdefender, it is recommended to run a full System Scan to find any possible malware threats. Then, the Autoscan feature will in the future scan your system during your PCs idle times (you will see when it completed a cycle in the Events/Antivirus), while the real time shields of Bitdefender (Antivirus, Privacy etc) protect you....in real time.

The manual suggests a System Scan once a month, but if you want to run it every 2 weeks, no problem, just manually run it. I like to run a Quick Scan about 1-2 times a week.

:)

• A last question please: If I need to disable Bitdefender for a little bit. What have to do please? Thanks

• columbo
    Options

:)

Here is Pinned topic on that subject: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=39510

The sub forums have allot of good information in the Pinned topics, that is also a good reference avenue too. Yet, feel free to ask as needed, we're here to help :)