Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Av 2013's Feud With Office 2010

Options
baroque-quest
edited March 2013 in General

I just installed W-7 from a clean install. I loaded all Windows Updates and then installed Bitdefender AV 2013. The I remembered that I had not yet loaded Office 2010; usually I load it before installing anti-virus. I inserted the disk and selected the non-autorun option because I want to load the 64-bit files. Then I waited. And waited. And waited. At first I thought there must be something wrong with the disc or the drive because it was making lots of noise. After thinking about it I realized that it was Bitdefender checking all of the files on the disc. I canceled the operation and rebooted. Then I unselected Autopilot and unselected the auto-scan option, thinking that this would allow me to install Office. No. I could not discern any difference between the first install progress (or lack thereof) and the second. I suspect that the cdrom was still being scanned in the background, which amounted to the same thing in this case.

As a test, I uninstalled Bitdefender completely and went through the first few Office install steps. Progress was as fast as it has always been in the past. Therefore Bitdefender was the culprit.

Does Bitdefender have a way to completely shut off the scanning on known-good cdroms?

Why does Bitdefender not trust Microsoft cdroms?

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hello :)

Did you also try changing the Auto Scanning of CD drives in the AV/Settings/Exclusions? You should have recieved a pop up of the options when you inserted the disc.

post-4566-1362943922_thumb.png

Scott

• Hello :)

Did you also try changing the Auto Scanning of CD drives in the AV/Settings/Exclusions? You should have recieved a pop up of the options when you inserted the disc.

post-4566-1362943922_thumb.png

Scott

No, I missed that tab completely. Thanks, that is just what I need.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome friend :) Since I saw you were new here, I thought I would mention that one to you. Glad you were helped :)