Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8 (solve Pc Issues) - Total Security 2013

Options

Hi I've been running Bitdefender Total Security 2013 for a while now, and recently I noticed that windows thinks that the virus, spyware and firewall is not running.

I've attached a screenshot of what i mean, I've tried clicking on these "issues" and choosing to turn-on bitdefender protection, and it asks me to trust bitdefender which i do and then i get uac which i allow, and then nothing happens..

Other than this bitdefender appears to be running fine, it's just windows that doesn't think so..

Is this a bug with windows? or bitdefender? should i worry at all?

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Build 16.27.0.1763 and its up to date, also I have restarted the PC after the update.

post-135597-1363366390_thumb.png

Comments

• cohbraz
    Options
    Hi I've been running Bitdefender Total Security 2013 for a while now, and recently I noticed that windows thinks that the virus, spyware and firewall is not running.

I've attached a screenshot of what i mean, I've tried clicking on these "issues" and choosing to turn-on bitdefender protection, and it asks me to trust bitdefender which i do and then i get uac which i allow, and then nothing happens..

Other than this bitdefender appears to be running fine, it's just windows that doesn't think so..

Is this a bug with windows? or bitdefender? should i worry at all?

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Build 16.27.0.1763 and its up to date, also I have restarted the PC after the update.

Windows 8 Action Center reports incorrectly for many AV products. Try the steps below to see if it can be fixed:

Go to the Start page and type Command. The Command Prompt search result should appear. Right click it and select to run as administrator.

Type this:

NET STOP WINMGMT /Y

After that finishes, type this:

REN %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REPOSITORY REP.OLD

Close the command prompt, restart the computer, and see if the Action Center works correctly.