Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Is2008 Trail Evaluation Troubles

Options

I've been using ZA IS and have been evaluating alternatives that are simpler for my kids to use. I'm doing my testing on XPsp2, but plan on installing on multiple Vista PCs.

BD IS2008 looks good except I've been getting crashes. I get svhost.exe memory reading errors. FF 2 crashes with memory reading errors, the PC has frozen up. I ever had these problems with ZA, nor with the other products I've evaluated. NOTE: I've uninstalled all other security software for the testing.

Also, I saw on another thread that you need another software for spyware. The BD IS2008 claims to have spyware checking built in. Anyone know what is true?

Comments

• Hi.

Yes, Bitdefender has anti-spyware module, it detects and remove spyware.

You should wait 1-2 months for the problems to be fixed and test again.

If you want to test a matur.e product use Bitdefender 10 Antivirus or Bitdefender 10 Internet Security.

They are more stable than 2008.

Merry Christmas!

• Hi.

Yes, Bitdefender has anti-spyware module, it detects and remove spyware.

You should wait 1-2 months for the problems to be fixed and test again.

If you want to test a matur.e product use Bitdefender 10 Antivirus or Bitdefender 10 Internet Security.

They are more stable than 2008.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the feedback.

The testing trouble I've had is on Windows XP. Anyone have comments on how it works on Vista? I did some XP testing using Panda and it appeared to work very well, I also had Zone Alarm 7 on the PC, and it also works fine. So the troubles I'm having have to be with BitDefender.

• No help here...

I've given up on this product.