Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Using Ton Of Memory

Options

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and lately I've been getting messages that I'm low on memory. I used Process Explorer and let it run, and sorted it by Private Bytes. Bit Defender is ALWAYS at the top of this list. I've attached a screenshot. I also have the most current build of Bit Defender 2013 Total Security.

post-135649-1363375934_thumb.png

Comments

• cohbraz
    Options
    I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and lately I've been getting messages that I'm low on memory. I used Process Explorer and let it run, and sorted it by Private Bytes. Bit Defender is ALWAYS at the top of this list. I've attached a screenshot. I also have the most current build of Bit Defender 2013 Total Security.

Has Bitdefender been installed for a while? It looks like it may be doing some sort of background scan, maybe a vulnerability scan.

• Has Bitdefender been installed for a while? It looks like it may be doing some sort of background scan, maybe a vulnerability scan.

Yes, it's been installed for more than 6 months.

• cohbraz
    Options
    Yes, it's been installed for more than 6 months.

Interesting. Try restarting the computer, run the monitor and see what Bitdefender's memory usage is for about 15 minutes of operation.

• hmbe
    Options

Same here BD of WIN8 64 bit. Restart does not help :( .