Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

User Interface Will Not Load

Options

Hi just installed on XP

I have problem with user inetrface, no icon there.

Select it from programs, loads in tray as a red B , but as soon as I touch it with pointer it disappears again.

Worried if it is protecting at all

Comments

• Hello,

Even if interface doesn't load, you are protected, but there is an issue.

Try repairing the product from Control Panel

After that the problem should be fixed.

If not, please tell us.

Thanks for feedback,

Alex

• Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

Done as you said but still the same after re-boot.

I have Wise Care 365 installed and Bitdefender is not listed in the start up list?

• azavoianu
    edited March 2013
    Options

Main service (gzserv) starts in early boot and main interface(gziface.exe) is started by the service.

For further investigations we need some files from your pc, it's about:

- gziface.log and gziface1.log from Temp location (c:\documents and settings\[Administrator-username]\Local Settings\Temp\

- gzserv.log located in the product's installation path (default: C:\program files\bitdefender\antivirus free edition\)

- any file located in "Dumps" folder (If exists) also located in product's installation path

You can upload these files to www.sendspace.com or www.mediafire.com and after that send me a private message with the links

Thanks in advance,

Alex

• No confidence in product, uninstalled and gone back to Avast

• azavoianu
    edited March 2013
    Options

This issue never happened in our tests, it may be a conflict between bitdefender av free and another app on your system

In the minimum system requirements for this product (userguide.pdf) - it's mentioned that .NET Framework 3 is required (also available in the installer kit) and the mini filter manager:The Filter Manager rollup package contains a required hotfix for client computers running Windows XP SP2. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2986

Sorry for incovenience and thanks for feedback,

Alex