I Thought I Paid For Legit Premium Services Then Why This Message?

Invalid key

We kindly inform you that your license key was misused, and consequently invalidated.

This usually happens when you purchase a license key from an unauthorized reseller or from a suspicious website.

In this case, please contact the Bitdefender support as soon as possible.

Don't forget to mention the license key and the location you purchased the key from.

Comments

• Invalid key

We kindly inform you that your license key was misused, and consequently invalidated.

This usually happens when you purchase a license key from an unauthorized reseller or from a suspicious website.

In this case, please contact the Bitdefender support as soon as possible.

Don't forget to mention the license key and the location you purchased the key from.

I received this e-mail from BitDefender support. I always receive replies but I never get a resolution. How long should it take Bitdefender to get back to me? When they mean as soon as possible. The only satisfaction in help I get is here on the Bitdefender boards. Here is the reply but can someone here look into this. Where can I make sure that I purchase premium services that I am purchasing it from the source because in Honesty I purchased it from Bitdefender.com. Any advice or suggestions for the proper place to purchase these services?

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, Bitdefender.

We apologize for this situation and we will investigate it to see why you

cannot renew the keys.

In the meantime, please find attached two direct links to purchase the PC Care

Plan:

1. yearly subscription (3 intervention per month / 36 interventions per year):

http://goo.gl/EtCDN

or

2. monthly subscription (3 intervention per month):

http://goo.gl/xo5IA

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Delia Bujorean

Senior Technical Support Engineer at Bitdefender

-------------------------------------

Discover the Premium Services which complete our portfolio by providing

optimization & security remote services always tailored to the specific needs

of every customer.

To find out more visit http://www.bitdefender.com/premium-services/

Or chat with us at www.bitdefender.com/PremiumServices-Chat

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013

Hi Rich :)

If you had signed up for the, Install and Configure Premium service plan, then your license key would have been verified at that time. I think you had purchased the, Remove Spyware and Virus service? These "a la carte" services are separate from license key issues.

It could be a server issue, glitch, or (not saying you did :) ) when Bitdefender is installed outside of it's license key quota, it will get "blacklisted".

The Bitdefender.com web site is the proper place to purchase these services, they just sent you a link to the BD store itself. Do not buy another plan, I would wait for Georgia to help, or use the Support phone call option (my siggy).

Hope it gets taken care of quickly for you :)

• Just a follow up thought, Rich. If you were given a support ticket number, you may want to post it here, to give Georgia a head start in seeing where it's at on their support side.

• Hi Rich :)

If you had signed up for the, Install and Configure Premium service plan, then your license key would have been verified at that time. I think you had purchased the, Remove Spyware and Virus service? These "a la carte" services are separate from license key issues.

It could be a server issue, glitch, or (not saying you did :) ) when Bitdefender is installed outside of it's license key quota, it will get "blacklisted".

The Bitdefender.com web site is the proper place to purchase these services, they just sent you a link to the BD store itself. Do not buy another plan, I would wait for Georgia to help, or use the Support phone call option (my siggy).

Hope it gets taken care of quickly for you :)

I am trying to figure where I screwed up Columbo like they say the number one cause of equipment failure is operator error. I think that is especially so in my case. I appreciate your reply Columbo and I hope that if you are celebrating Easter you are having a good one or if you Celebrate passover I hope your holidays were good. I wish you well and Thanks for the heads up.

• You're welcome friend, if only we were all as honest as you concerning our sometime computer operator errors, which in your case may not be the issue. I still like your spirit of considering "what I may have done...", compared to the first response to torch and blame others, i.e. Bitdefender. Let's see what they come up with ^_^ I hope a blessed Easter for you too, thank you :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello RichieW,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

There is no doubt about the validity of your premium keys, as they were both purchased from our official website www.bitdefender.com. In this particular case, it seems to be an issue with the platform for online purchase, not with your keys.

I will reopen your Ticket ID: 201303311001445 to see exactly why you were unable to renew your premium service keys.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

• Thank you, Georgia, for how you carefully worded your post, as I did not realize the Premium Service used "keys" and not a per incident basis.

• Hello RichieW,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

There is no doubt about the validity of your premium keys, as they were both purchased from our official website www.bitdefender.com. In this particular case, it seems to be an issue with the platform for online purchase, not with your keys.

I will reopen your Ticket ID: 201303311001445 to see exactly why you were unable to renew your premium service keys.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

Dear Georgia,

I got another bill and I have no redeemable capability for those keys. What happened while I was away from the boards? Did you e-mail me with a followup for phone call and I never got the information? If the keys keep coming back as invalid I need to speak to someone from billing and cancel until I can figure out what is going on? Please help me Georgia as soon as possible.

Thank You,

Rich Walston

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Rich,

An email was sent to you via Ticket ID 201303311001445 on 04/02/2013.

As far as I can see, the Premium Services department already contacted the sales department in order to find out the reason why you were not able to renew those license keys. Rest assured they will get back to you shortly with a resolution.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience so far.

• Hello Rich,

An email was sent to you via Ticket ID 201303311001445 on 04/02/2013.

As far as I can see, the Premium Services department already contacted the sales department in order to find out the reason why you were not able to renew those license keys. Rest assured they will get back to you shortly with a resolution.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience so far.

The response time around here honestly is like the Baghdad Fire Department since we left. I mean what the ######? E-mails get unanswered and until I called no one addressed the issue. What happened in the past was the e-mails never received? Just curious as to what is going on.

• The response time around here honestly is like the Baghdad Fire Department since we left. I mean what the ######? E-mails get unanswered and until I called no one addressed the issue. What happened in the past was the e-mails never received? Just curious as to what is going on.

Georgia in all seriousness and sorry for getting so upset but I call customer service and I am told hold on wait for a call back. Then I wait and wait for a resolution to this issue. He finally calls me back and he tells me like I told you before the license keys we have on file for you are used. I understand that and I established that with him but what I was trying to establish was one did I have an active subscription to the PC care plan and if not how did it get canceled because I did not cancel it and then after frustratingly trying to tell him that I just told him make sure I do not have any active subscriptions and please cancel them. Then he tells me do not worry I will merge the two licenses and make them 700 something days and I was completely confused and I wanted clarification and I was just at this point ready to go off on him and I just said just make sure I have no active PC care plan subscriptions and that is that. I have the date, time of the call and the reps name but I do not want to get anyone in trouble but I need a follow now because I am thinking what the heck is really going on with my account? Please PM me as soon as possible.