Upgrading Bitdefender 2012 To 2013?

Hi,

Im soon needing to renew my license for bitdefender internet security 2012.

I would like to upgrade to 2013 edition? But wanted to check is this a safe and easy process. My operating system is Wnidows 7 Home premium 64 bit, and my computer has 4gb ram and Core2Duo intel. I think I meet min requirements for upgrade.

Do I uninstall the old one THEN load new 2013 installation, will my remaining license transfer over to 2013 or do I need to buy a new license for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Hi scooby, and welcome :)

Yes on all fronts :) It looks good as far as your minimum system requirements, and you, and all who have a previous versions of Bitdefender 2010, 2011 & 2012, are eligible for the free 2013 upgrade. The instructions for the upgrade can be found here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42 Download and save the file to your PC

I like to do a total uninstall of previous years versions, compared to the "overlay" install, thus I would use Christian's uninstall tool provided in the above link. I would then after the uninstall reboot, use CCleaner in Registry mode, only deleting any leftover Bitdefender reg. keys, then run it in Cleaner mode, restart your PC then run the saved Bitdefender installer, right clicking Run as Admin. With these steps, it should be a safe and easy process :)

Be sure to have your previous license key handy, in case you need to register it upon install. Your previous days left on your 2012 version will carry over to the new 2013 install version.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask :)

Kind regards,

Columbo

• Hello :)

Let me know if everything is OK after the installation.

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Let me know if everything is OK after the installation.

Thank you!

I had 220 days left on my BD antivirus 2012 before I updated to BD AV 2013. Now, it's showing I only have 30 days. How can this be fixed?

Thank you.

• Please kindly forgive my absense, I just thought I should at least return to thank you for your help and advice. The advice you offered Columbo and Christian was perfect.

My original product was Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 and I managed to upgrade it to Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 with REAL EASE.

I was expecting lots of issues and problems, but was so simple that it only took 10 miniutes.

I actually waited for my previous license to finish before loading 2013 on.

There was a offer on a online website for bitdefender internet security 2012 offering free upgrade and it also confirmed the same process as you described, and I actually used 2012 license to register the bitdefender internet security 2013 installation

Thank you again Bitdefender, the support is really good here, and fast too i just realised that it took less than several hours for me to get the answer to my question!!!

Im now looking for a bitdefender product for my netbook, its much lower spec, should I go for Antivirus plus? what bitdefender solution is the "lightest" which would suit a windows 7 starter edition netbook with only 1gb ram and atom n270 cpu?

• Thank you scooby for the kind words, and taking the time to post back with your results. It is appreciated. Glad you're up and running :)

@ GoldBeachBiker, if your issue is yet to be resolved, you may want to consider starting a new thread, in which case you may receive better attention.

Kind regards,

Columbo

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Hello,

@ GoldBeachBiker: I couldn't find other posts from you regarding this issue. Please use the 7-digit license key received when you purchased the product in order to activate it for the full validity. Let me know if you still need help with the registration process.

@ scooby: You can try installing Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on your netbook. But if you notice a severe system slowdown afterwards, I would recommend Bitdefender 2010. Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.