Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disgraceful Customer Service

Options

I am trying this approach because the normal Bitdefender Customer Services channels have failed completely in their role.

A little background...

I asked customer services if I could change my Bitdefender Total Security 2013 license to a Bitdefender Windows 8 Security license... that is all, nothing particularly taxing you would think.

Please note I still had 320+ days remaining on my licencse.

Customer Services, got back in touch and said this was possible.. wouldn't cost anything but "I needed to be running Windows 8" (yeah really!).

So I informed them yes I had Windows 8 on my machines... (this in itself took 3 emails to confirm).

So finally once we established that yes indeed I was running Windows 8, Bitdefender customer service sent me a new licence key, and informed me they had cancelled my current key that was being used on Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Great I thought, I just need to uninstall the current software and install W8 Security and use the new license key and everything would be done and dusted!

WRONG!!

I use the new key they sent, and on install Windows 8 Security tells me the key is invalid for that software. Not so good, so I though ok I wont activate on install, I'll run the evaluation and upgrade from within.

Well this got me a little more information.. they key was still invalid but it told me it was for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013; not what I wanted at all. But nevermind, easy to rectify I guess...

WRONG!!

So I emailed customer services telling then the problem, they had sent me the wrong key..and I needed a key for Windows 8 Security...

This is what I got back... (except the formatting was attrocious)

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, Bitdefender.

In order to be able to assist you in solving the issue you reported we will need a few reports from your computer. These reports will help us quickly identify the cause of the issue so that we can find a proper solution.

First, please capture a screenshot of the issue/error message you encounter:

. When you want to capture the content of the screen press the "Print Screen"

key on your keyboard ("Print Screen" is usually located at right top of the keyboard). At this step we can't notice any effect as the picture is copied into Windows's Clipboard; NOTE! Some laptops might require pressing the "Fn" and the "Prnt Scrn" keys at the same time in order to capture a screenshot; . Open a graphic editing application (we recommend using the standard Paint program that comes with every Windows installation from: "Start" > "Programs"

> "Accessories" > "Paint");

. Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using "Edit" > "Paste"); . Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by email) to a location of your choice (use "File" > "Save as..." and set "Save as type:"

to "JPEG") and attach it to the reply to this email.

Also, we will need a support tool log which gathers information about the software that are already installed on your computer:

. Save and extract the Bitdefender_Supporttool tool to a location of your

choice:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...SupportTool.exe

. Double-click on the Bitdefender_Supporttool.exe file (if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the Bitdefender_Supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator"); . Fill in the required information and press the "Next" button (make sure you use a valid email address and include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering); NOTE! If you want to reproduce the issue and enable additional logging you will have to restart the computer and then use the Support Tool again after reproducing the issue to complete the data gathering; . A file will be created on your desktop (BDSP_*); send it to us in reply to this email.

Please reply to this email attaching the supporttool log and the screenshot and we will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

-------------------------------------

By this point.. about a week after I first asked; I'm like What?? You have got to be joking... just send me a valid key!

I have since sent 2 more emails to and not had a reply in the last week whatsoever!

I'm in a position where I can't re-install Bitdefender Total Security 2013 because they have cancelled my old license key, and the current key is invalid.

Simply unacceptable!

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Swampster,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I have checked the email address used for this forum account and I couldn't find a ticket in the system. Please post back with your ticket ID so I can look into this matter.

Thank you!

• Hi Swampster,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I have checked the email address used for this forum account and I couldn't find a ticket in the system. Please post back with your ticket ID so I can look into this matter.

Thank you!

Hi Gerorgia,

The ticket ID is: 201303271032035

Thanks

• Dinofr
    Options

correct me if i am wrong but you should be able to use your total security key for windows 8 security, at least i was able to use my bitdefender internet security's key...

as i understand windows 8 security is bitdefender just configured to work best on win 8..

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hello,

@ Dinocro: Bitdefender Total Security keys can not be used to activate Bitdefender Windows 8 Security. This works only with Bitdefender Internet Security keys.

@ Swampster: I found your ticket in the system. Rest assured that the new key they generated for Bitdefender Windows 8 Security is valid. There's no doubt about the validity here. What you are dealing with now is a technical issue, possibly caused by conflicting software and wrong Windows keys permissions. This is why my colleague asked for a support tool and for a screen shot displaying the error message you receive when entering the key. He wants to investigate what is causing this display issue, as the problem is not the license key itself. Please reply with the necessary information so we can assist you further.

Thank you!

• Swampster
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hi Georgia,

Thank you for looking into it for me..

Perhaps it might have been a good idea for your collegue to have explained what was potentially the problem, it could have saved a lot of time.. and prevented me getting more frustrated and angrier!

That said, I have just reinstalled Windows 8 Security again.. this is the 3rd time I have done so, I tried the new code I was given; and to my amazement it worked! :huh:

Quite bizarre, I've uninstalled.. reinstalled, several times and it's simply refused to work..

So anyway, crisis over.. and thanks again for pursuing it.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

I am glad to hear this, Swampster.

No worries, we're here to help. :)

Since the issue is now resolved, I declare this topic closed. I will also close your ticket ID 201303271032035 and if you need further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us at anytime.

Have a wonderful and malware free weekend!

This discussion has been closed.