[escalated] Importing A 'friends' List

I posted last year about importing a 'Friends' list into the AntiSpam module, and was disappointed to find there is no way to import email addresses from a mail client with BDIS2013. I then had to uninstall the product, due to numerous other issues, but I am happy to say, I am now back, with a clean and, so far, running like silk, installation of BDIS2013.

I still had the issue with needing to import around 300 email addresses into the AntiSpam module, but thought I'd just update the forum that I have now found a way to do this, by first saving one or two addresses, then manually editing the resulting .bwl file, and re-importing it into the AS module. The process is a little laborious, but not nearly so taxing as manually copying each email address individually.

I hope this may be of some use to someone, but I expect you all knew about it anyway - lol! Hopefully, a simpler method will be implemented in a future version of BDIS.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for reconsidering our products! :)

Indeed, in Bitdefender 2013 you can save the Friends / Spammers list to a file so that you can use it on another computer or after reinstalling the product. For step-by-step instructions on how to do that the users may bring up the Bitdefender interface > Help & Support > type "Configuring the Friends List" or "Configuring the Spammers List" in the search box > hit Enter > click on the first search result.

• It would still be nice to have an import facility, though, to help with the initial copying of email addresses to the Friends list. Other security products have the facility to import an address book from a mail client. I hope that this is something BD could look at for future implementation. :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

This is an excellent idea and I hope to see it implemented in the product in the near future. It will be discussed with the development team to see what we can do about it.

I also recommend posting your request in the sub-forum for Bitdefender 2014: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=361

Thank you again. :)

• blackdog
    edited April 2013

Hi Georgia,

I did initially mention this in 2008, but I don't like to keep on - lol! :)

I've started a thread as per your suggestion.

Cheers,

Simon.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you, Simon. I really appreciate it.

If you have any other suggestions on how to improve the software please don't hesitate to post them on the boards.

I hope you enjoy your Bitdefender product. Have a lovely day!