Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Won't Open From Tray

Options

I went to my favorite deals website, clicked a link and got a popup that said Microsoft had found a virus, click to clean.

I tried to exit the window, it asked for a confirmation, I clicked to exit (maybe a mistake). I noticed the website hosting that nonsense was servbeer.com (checked the whois--it's a Chinese site, big surprise).

I went out to the desktop to start a scan with Bitdefender, but a right-click and click on Show and About produce no results. Nothing.

Task Manager says gziface.exe and gzserv.exe are both running right now, but still no access to Bitdefender.

Any ideas? BTW, it's 11:15pm here, so If I don't respond right away, I might have gone to be for the night. If so, I'll definitely check back in the morning.

And I haven't restarted my machine, yet, (hopefully stopping anything getting installed at boot time? dunno).

Your help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• The news is good, but odd.

I checked out the Bitdefender log (gziface.log) and it showed a lot of info about what looked like screen size. That got me thinking...

I tried resizing the screen to a lower resolution and attempted to open Bitdefender. Voila! There it was!

I resized up to my old resolution and there it was, showing up again.

I have no idea what caused this, but all is back to well and good. Thanks to anyone who read this and considered a solution.

(Scan comes up virus-free, btw. :D )

• Hello,

I'm glad the problem is solved, but we need to know what happened there :)

For further investigations we need two files from your computer

Can you please send us gziface.log and gziface1.log from %temp% location? (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp)

Thanks for feedback,

Alex