Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New To Bitdefender

Options

Hello,

I'm brand new to Bitdefender.....I just installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 last night, so I'm sure I'll have several questions over the next few days/weeks, etc.

The first question I have.....is how do you schedule a scan?

I don't see an option through the interface, and I'd like to schedule a weekly scan at a specific time.

The second question.....is how do you set/schedule how often/frequently you'd like for Bitdefender to check for definition updates? Is that even possible, or does it just update on it's own without any user consent as to how often?

Thanks

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Bitdefender forums!

'Schedule scan' is no longer available in the new Bitdefender products. Our software takes scheduled scanning to a whole new level, as the scanning only takes place when your system is idle. This does not affect the On-access scanning protection. Scan Dispatcher triggers system scans when resource usage falls below a certain threshold to avoid any impact on your system's performance.

This new feature is also visible in the main interface - Autoscan. You can turn it ON or OFF from the main Bitdefender window > Antivirus panel. With Auto Scan turned on, there is hardly any need to manually run scans for malware. Autoscan will scan your computer over and over again, taking appropriate actions when malware is detected. Autoscan runs only when enough system resources are available so as not to slow down the computer.

Also, another new feature called Autopilot provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you. By keeping this feature ON Bitdefender will also start Full System Scans once a week if it considers necessary. You can also manually start a full 'System scan' or a 'Custom scan' whenever you want from the main Bitdefender interface > Antivirus panel > Scan now.

For more information about a specific Bitdefender feature you can access 'Help & Support' - from the lower right corner of the Bitdefender product installed on your PC. Click 'Bitdefender Help' and use the search bar to search for a specific topic/module.

I hope the above information answers your questions. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns!

• Thank you for this information and for your help, Georgia. That makes sense, and is good to know.

I have noticed something extremely odd, though.

I've been using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 for a couple of days now....and I have always been able to access "MyBitdefender". I've accessed it numerous times, either through the Security widget (the bottom quarter of the sphere) or through the product interface (Settings > ID Theft Protection > Go To My Account) I realize that this feature is available for residents within the United States only, but I reside within the United States, so I should be able to access it without any problems.

NOW, though....for some reason...when I try to access "MyBitdefender" by whatever means possible, I get a completely blank page. It is totally white. There is absolutely nothing there, just a blank web page. I'm used to seeing the blank interface that asks for my email and password....but I'm getting this blank white page, and I have been even after several reboots.

What can you recommend that I do or try or look at to see what might be the reason for this?

Thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

You're welcome.

Do you have any custom extensions installed in your browser? Do you have a wireless connection by any chance?

Please test to access https://my.bitdefender.com with other web browsers and let me know how it goes.

Thank you. :)

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

There is no option to perform Schedule Scan or Update in new versions, however you can start the Scan using Windows Task Scheduler, the procedure is mentioned here

Procedure: How To Do Bitdefender Schedule Scan Using Windows Schedule Tasks

And for 2nd problem, did you try different browsers? Also try to disable all options in the AntiPhishing Module especially "Scan SSL".

• Thanks for the replies and for the help and advice.

I appreciate the tutorial link describing how to schedule a scan using Windows Task Scheduler. Thanks very much for that!

As for the MyBitdefender link.....it DOES open when using Google Chrome......but through IE10 (my default browser), it now starts off white...but then quickly turns to black, and the "spinning laser light" that says "Loading..." appears for a split second (as if it's going to START to load) and then disappears. So it IS something to do with IE10. Problem is, it WAS loading through IE10 previously!

Any suggestions what to look for as far as settings in IE10 that I might be able to change?

• coolcool1227
    Options

Yeah you are right, I am also facing the same issue with IE10 and it seems that there may be some compatibility issues with the IE10 and Bitdefender. e.g Sandbox, SSL certificate issue etc, but there was no such issue in near past. Let see what Georgia says next.

• Yeah you are right, I am also facing the same issue with IE10 and it seems that there may be some compatibility issues with the IE10 and Bitdefender. e.g Sandbox, SSL certificate issue etc, but there was no such issue in near past. Let see what Georgia says next.

It worked fine for nearly 2 days.....and then started screwing up. I tried "Compatibility view", and that turned the complete white page to a completely black page....so it seemed to have "SOME" effect (LOL). But then I changed from Compatibility view back to normal view through IE10, and now it's back to working fine. :blink:

Really weird. I'm not real confident that it will STAY this way.....but at least it's working for now (fingers crossed it stays that way).

By the way.....is the free "ID Theft Protection" worth activating?

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hi SportsFan,

You already know that when I blocked cookies in Chrome that I received the white screen. I just set cookie settings to high in IE10 and received the white screen. If you haven't change these settings from default then this probably isn't it. Is there an extension for IE10 now that can block cookies? Until now, I haven't used Internet Explorer so I don't know if anything has changed.

Also, regarding the freezing while running ccleaner, I have found two Bitdefender files in temporary internet files that cause everything to lock up.

1. antiphishing[1].exe

2. pluginsx64[1].exe

See attachment for the paths to these files.

post-63102-1367080559_thumb.png

post-63102-1367080577_thumb.png

• ...when I blocked cookies in Chrome that I received the white screen. I just set cookie settings to high in IE10 and received the white screen. If you haven't change these settings from default then this probably isn't it. Is there an extension for IE10 now that can block cookies?

Hi Charyb....I'm not sure if IE10 has any extensions or anything that would be blocking access to the page. I'm new to IE10 also (I've actually had Bitdefender longer than IE10, and I''ve only had BD for a few days) so I can't tell if it does or not.

As for cookie settings....I did check and it is at the default (medium) level in IE10.

Ironically, first time I tried to access MyBitdefender in IE10 today, it came right up. Then I tried to access it in Google Chrome and got a blank, black page. I closed Chrome and tried accessing it a second (and then third) time and it came up the next two times. So I'm not sure if it is as much of an IE10 problem as perhaps a MyBitdefender problem. At least it is opening...but the delays and times it doesn't is a bit frustrating.

Also, regarding the freezing while running ccleaner, I have found two Bitdefender files in temporary internet files that cause everything to lock up.

1. antiphishing[1].exe

2. pluginsx64[1].exe

Thanks for that info. I wonder if there is any way to delete those entries through IE....since I don't believe there is an "Ignore" feature through CCleaner???

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Charyb....I'm not sure if IE10 has any extensions or anything that would be blocking access to the page. I'm new to IE10 also (I've actually had Bitdefender longer than IE10, and I''ve only had BD for a few days) so I can't tell if it does or not.

As for cookie settings....I did check and it is at the default (medium) level in IE10.

Ironically, first time I tried to access MyBitdefender in IE10 today, it came right up. Then I tried to access it in Google Chrome and got a blank, black page. I closed Chrome and tried accessing it a second (and then third) time and it came up the next two times. So I'm not sure if it is as much of an IE10 problem as perhaps a MyBitdefender problem. At least it is opening...but the delays and times it doesn't is a bit frustrating.

Thanks for that info. I wonder if there is any way to delete those entries through IE....since I don't believe there is an "Ignore" feature through CCleaner???

I manually deleted each one. The path is in the images that I posted above which won't be exact but close or you could perform a search. Or, go to Internet Options and delete all browsing history. I don't know what the hangup is with ccleaner and these two files.