Simplify Forum Layout

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but...

Do you think it would be easier to post, get responses to threads posted and questions asked if we were to combined some sub forums together? Say like combined the General and Installation into one sub forum, as well as Antivirus and Privacy together?

It just seems there are so many sub forums that threads/questions can get scattered and lost in all the categories. Georgia has been doing very well, but there have been times in the past where a sub forum wasn't answered for 2-4 months, and maybe if they were combined, they wouldn't get lost if they had better exposure with another category/sub forum?

Just a thought :)

Comments

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Hi columbo

You have opened a very interesting discussion.

Bitdefendfer forum layout is very well categorized unlike other Antivirus forums. And reducing the no. of sub-forums is not the solution to the delayed response. The one and only actual cause is the less no. of representatives from the Technical Support for the forum. Every forum has Moderators, 2-3 Technical Support representatives which reply according to the inquiry by the user. But unfortunately here on this forum only Georgia is replying to the forums post, now Christian and George reply very rare and DanyDan is promoted to the Premium Services Department offered by Bitdefender. I am registered on many forums and also posting there, but the response and the way the Bitdefender's Support representative reply is really appreciable and applause-able although they give delayed replies but they have really very polite way of replying the users.

In short, I am not in favor of reducing the no. of sub-forums or merging them. Rather I suggest for more representatives (Moderators, Technical Support etc) for replying on this forum.

• Bottom line, you're right, as if Bitdefender had more Mods, Tech support, this would not be an issue. Yet until they would resolve that, I thought this idea could help give better exposure to threads posted.

I also wondered if in combining a couple of sub forums, like the General and Installation, there would be a 1/2 page of Pinned Topics...which I would not want to jeopardize, so that could be an issue space wise.

And yes, when Tech Support (and Mods.) here answer a thread, it is always done in a class manner, I've always been impressed with Christian's and now Georgia's patience and kindness, and at times incredible information included with their posts... and at these times, they are second to none.

Thank you for your feedback, Omer :)

• I completely agree with the statement of ONT.

I personally regret leaving DanyDan's forum!

He was a simple man with prompt and professional answers!

Unfortunately, Bitdefender does not know to keep talented people.

Regardless of the position in the company, salary is not motivating at all.

Slowly talented people will leave in other directions.

A black ball for Bitdefender bosses!

I apologize for the poor English used

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• ........ I've always been impressed with Christian's and now Georgia's patience and kindness.......

The patience of users is also very impressive and appreciable. :P

• I completely agree with the statement of ONT.

I personally regret leaving DanyDan's forum!

He was a simple man with prompt and professional answers!

Unfortunately, Bitdefender does not know to keep talented people.

Regardless of the position in the company, salary is not motivating at all.

Slowly talented people will leave in other directions.

A black ball for Bitdefender bosses!

I apologize for the poor English used

I agree with you. I also very impressed with Cris, Carmen Carnev and DanyDan. The former two have strong theoretical knowledge and later has very good diagnostic skills. And yeah as the time passed, Bitdefender is loosing talented people and advanced users as well.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    The patience of users is also very impressive and appreciable. :P

lol, your right ^_^

• I also very impressed with Cris...

I assure you that I will give him Chris, your words of praise! When he posted on the forum, he was a student.

Now Chris is employed, not Bitdefender!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Many of us help users bitdefender and other forums, I very much support, I do for the people of Russia, but how can I answer questions when you do not get answers here, on the official support forum. Many users are switching to other products for safety, and I was very upset. You are all my friends see that all our requests go unanswered for years, and the vendor is losing its fans. No need to rebuild the forum, developers no longer need to pay attention to us, the users who still believe in the bitdefender, and try to make it better. Maybe we should write a petition to the leadership of bitdefender?

• The patience of users is also very impressive and appreciable. :P

By the way, Omer, your patience and endurance is very commendable too, as very few members stay around here long enough to reach Guru status, congratulations :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    -------------------------

-------------------------

You are all my friends see that all our requests go unanswered for years, and the vendor is losing its fans. No need to rebuild the forum, developers no longer need to pay attention to us, the users who still believe in the bitdefender, and try to make it better. Maybe we should write a petition to the leadership of bitdefender?

You are absolutely a friend, and maybe if anything this thread may be read with a bit more attention with the feedback it's getting. I agree with you, Rampant, and Omer, that if the Bitdefender business side would only allow more paid help here...or break their own rule and let a non employee also be a mod here, Omer ;) ...would help this thread for a forum change, be a moot point.

Good point on losing some key people, Gini.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    Hi columbo

---------------------------

---------------------------

but the response and the way the Bitdefender's Support representative reply is really appreciable and applause-able although they give delayed replies but they have really very polite way of replying the users.

In short, I am not in favor of reducing the no. of sub-forums or merging them. Rather I suggest for more representatives (Moderators, Technical Support etc) for replying on this forum.

---------------------

---------------------

And yes, when Tech Support (and Mods.) here answer a thread, it is always done in a class manner, I've always been impressed with Christian's and now Georgia's patience and kindness, and at times incredible information included with their posts... and at these times, they are second to none.

Thank you for your feedback, Omer :)

Christian, Georgia and Mods. please know that we mean these kind words in all sincerity, and if we seemed to have gotten a bit off track with comments about the Bitdefender business side, apologies, as we may be just doing a bit of venting. We'll try to get back on topic. Thank you again, for all you do here :)

Edit: Christian, if you think it wise to close this thread, no problem, as it sound like there is a consensus here.

• blackdog
    edited April 2013

Interesting topic, and I agree with what's been said so far. I do think that a company representative on a forum such as this, is great for customer relations. We know we can trust the advice given by Christian, and now Georgia, and they have always been amenable, accessible and polite, as far as I am concerned.

What I did wonder the other day is, how is 'user to user' support regarded here, as far as offering technical help to other members? Once or twice, I've felt like offering an opinion on a problem, but have been reluctant to do so, for fear of treading on the toes of someone more qualified. Is this best left to the professionals?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    --------------------

--------------------

What I did wonder the other day is, how is 'user to user' support regarded here, as far as offering technical help to other members? Once or twice, I've felt like offering an opinion on a problem, but have been reluctant to do so, for fear of treading on the toes of someone more qualified. Is this best left to the professionals?

Hey, Black Dog :), feel free to jump in when you know a answer, or can link to a helpful post/thread. That's how we all pretty much started here, too. My only thought is if you see ~3 people helping a newbie (1 ~5 posts) on a thread, any more can become a little confusing to the OP (original poster) as far as what to do, or who to listen to. I've PM'd other members before, as they have done with me, with a "what do you think" idea or solution for a thread. Sometimes in a thread I've said that "it's now beyond me", and hope that others will step in if they can help.

At times, it may not be a solution you're giving, but a reminder of another option, as others at times have followed up with a post on a thread, and it was like a "yes, good idea, I forgot about that one, or that link".

The "free for all" threads are usually any thread a member here starts (those with 15-20+ posts) with a problem and we all feel free to help or commiserate with them on. You'll know the difference.

Hope to see some of your posts :)

By the way, free, and at no charge...if you want to direct link to a helpful post, click the post #, and you'll get a copy/paste link to that post to insert into a thread. You may have known that, but just in case ^_^

post-4566-1367277589_thumb.png

• Interesting topic, and I agree with what's been said so far. I do think that a company representative on a forum such as this, is great for customer relations. We know we can trust the advice given by Christian, and now Georgia, and they have always been amenable, accessible and polite, as far as I am concerned.

This is what happens on Avast forum. I think that in this way the Bitdefender forum will be useful. Until the moderator will give an answer, the advanced users can offer their solutions to the problems.

• This is what happens on Avast forum. I think that in this way the Bitdefender forum will be useful. Until the moderator will give an answer, the advanced users can offer their solutions to the problems.

Good point, as I think the mods/tech support appreciate it when we can field the easier questions (that don't involve reading a log file etc.) as that frees them up from having to answer those threads and posts.

• I assure you that I will give him Chris, your words of praise! When he posted on the forum, he was a student.

Now Chris is employed, not Bitdefender!

Sure friend. :) . If he feel good, kindly take his email address.

By the way, Omer, your patience and endurance is very commendable too, as very few members stay around here long enough to reach Guru status, congratulations :)

Oops, I didn't noticed that, because mostly I focus on replying or posting the issues, and not on my post count and rank etc.......by the way many thanks for notifying me.

• Also I'd like to on this forum would be a section for simple communication, I think we have something to talk about, bitdefender has made many friends)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013

Good thought, Rampant, "great minds think alike" :D , even ONT and Christian wanted something like this, too: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36594

• By the way, free, and at no charge...if you want to direct link to a helpful post, click the post #, and you'll get a copy/paste link to that post to insert into a thread. You may have known that, but just in case ^_^

post-4566-1367277589_thumb.png

Oh, that's really cool! Hadn't noticed that on a forum before. :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    Oh, that's really cool! Hadn't noticed that on a forum before. :)

Glad it helped...it's an inside forum secret, so don't tell anyone, lol :D