Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Multiple Problems With Bd Is 2013

Options

I have remotely been trying to solve multiple problems with a win7 64bit laptop that belongs to my father but I own the bd licencse.

At first I noticed that autoscan and autoupdate were disabled and game mode was on (my father is NOT a gamer) and as a result the program's last update was 87 days ago!

Turned on everything, disabled auto laptop and game mode from settings as suggested from this forum and tried to do a full system scan.

System hangs at 80% when trying to scan some office files. Thought I try to repair the installation. The progress bar stopped at 25%.

I then uninstalled with the official removal tool, reinstalled, updated, rebooted and tried full system scan once again.

Same behaviour, crashed at 80 % and at this point I chose to send a crash report (curious about where I can find the progress of this report since I did not get any kind of confirmation)

I now tried to do a quick scan which works ok

I left things as they are waiting for a response from support but in the meantime my father noticed that the system is very slow, and it crashed and rebooted by itself (similar behaviour with the crash during full system scan)

At this point I disabled autoscan assuming that it crashes when it tried to scan some specific files.

Going to send the dump files to Christian.

Any ideas in the meantime?

Comments

• fagath
    Options

Unable to PM Christian. I guess I have to wait a response first and then PM?

This is the system's response:

"This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent"

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hello Filon,

You may not be able to send the support tool logs via PM as they are too big. Please upload them on http://www.sendspace.com or http://www.mediafire.com and post the download link here.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day!

• fagath
    Options
    Hello Filon,

You may not be able to send the support tool logs via PM as they are too big. Please upload them on http://www.sendspace.com or http://www.mediafire.com and post the download link here.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day!

Hi,

thanks for your reply, I have sent you the dump file a couple of days ago, did you receive it?

Regarding the PM to Christian, I did not try to attach the file, I had a link to it in my message but the reply was the one I mention in a previous post.

Thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Filon,

I downloaded the vsserv dump, but the information I need to help you with the fix is this one:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

Thank you so much for your cooperation. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

• fagath
    Options

I am sending you two logs via PM.

The first time I run the support tool without reproducing the problem.

The second time I chose to reproduce the problem, I perfromed a system scan and at around 70% BD reported an error and the system restarted without further confirmation.

As a consequence I had to run the support tool again hoping it will gather the information from the last crash!

To be completely honest with you, as a paying customer for the past few years now, I expect a quicker response from the supoprt team this time.

Thanks

Hi Filon,

I downloaded the vsserv dump, but the information I need to help you with the fix is this one:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

Thank you so much for your cooperation. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

There is another security solution on that PC, besides Bitdefender.

I will send you a solution via PM. Please let me know how is everything going afterwards.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• fagath
    Options
    Hello,

There is another security solution on that PC, besides Bitdefender.

I will send you a solution via PM. Please let me know how is everything going afterwards.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I followed the steps you suggested but the problem remains.

I am sending you a new log and screenshots now.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I've received your PM, mentioning that Bitdefender crashes when it is trying to scan some Office files.

What I need to know is:

- does the system slowdown persist? (you mention this in the first post)

- after disabling game mode and laptop mode, the Autoscan and Auto Update stay enabled now?

If the above issues are solved now and the only one left is the scan crash, please follow these steps:

- browse to the Office files where the scan always crashes (unfortunately I can't see the current scan target in the screen shot you submitted earlier because the error appears right over the path)

- do a contextual scan with Bitdefender on those files (a contextual scan means to right click on that folder > from the menu point to "Bitdefender" > "Scan with Bitdefender")

- wait for the scan to finish. If the error does not persist, it means the files are clean and we can try to create an exclusion for them, so Bitdefender will skip that folder next time you start a full system scan. For steps on how to exclude a folder/files from the scanning process please refer to this pinned topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502 (make sure to select the option "Excluded files and folders")

- when you are done, run a new system scan with Bitdefender and check how is everything going this time

Please don't hesitate to post back if you need more help with the above steps.

Thank you.

• fagath
    Options

Unfortunately we are not getting anywhere.

disabling game and laptop mode seemed to solve the problem with the auto-update disabled problem.

Please note that enabling auto-scan slowed down the system so I have it disabled for now.

I did scan the directory which seemed to cause the problem, it took almost an hour to scan 984 files!

BD did not find any viruses so I created an exclusion for this folder.

Run full system scan again, computer crashed and rebooted byitself showing that windows recovered from a serious error on startup.

I feel that hiding our heads in the sand is not a proper solution.

There seems to be a major software glitch with BD2013 and excluding folders which seem to surface the problem is not a solution in my opinion.

I also re-enabled autoscan to see if this slows down the system. It will take a few hours working with the laptop in order to find out but it is a matter of time.

If you are not able to find me a solution I believe that switching to a different antivirus app is more reasonable!

Hi,

I've received your PM, mentioning that Bitdefender crashes when it is trying to scan some Office files.

What I need to know is:

- after disabling game mode and laptop mode, the Autoscan and Auto Update stay enabled now?

If the above issues are solved now and the only one left is the scan crash, please follow these steps:

- browse to the Office files where the scan always crashes (unfortunately I can't see the current scan target in the screen shot you submitted earlier because the error appears right over the path)

- do a contextual scan with Bitdefender on those files (a contextual scan means to right click on that folder > from the menu point to "Bitdefender" > "Scan with Bitdefender")

- wait for the scan to finish. If the error does not persist, it means the files are clean and we can try to create an exclusion for them, so Bitdefender will skip that folder next time you start a full system scan. For steps on how to exclude a folder/files from the scanning process please refer to this pinned topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502 (make sure to select the option "Excluded files and folders")

- when you are done, run a new system scan with Bitdefender and check how is everything going this time

Thank you.

• fagath
    Options

The system with autoscan enabled is like a 10 years old system struggling to run windows 7.

I had to disable autoscan again.

Hi,

What I need to know is:

Thank you.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hello Filon,

Thank you for your response. Rest assured we will help you fix this issue on your father's computer, there is no doubt about that.

At this point, to be able to properly identify the causes for the reported situation and find a solution we will need to investigate a bit deeper. We need 2 logs: an Autoruns log and a BDSys log. Below you will find full information in terms of how to obtain these reports.

1) [how to generate the Autoruns log]

a ) Go to this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, etc.

2) [how to generate a BDSys log]

a ) Save and extract the BDSYS tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../BDSysLog_i.exe

b ) Make sure you close all active applications and then run "BDSysLog_i.exe"; If you receive a firewall alert,select to Allow the application to connect;

c ) Click the "Create log" button to start generating the log; A progress bar is indicating that the tool is creating the report;

d ) When the small window appears with the message "Log saved" then the report is complete and a new file named "bdsyslog.zip" appears on the Desktop;

Upload the Autoruns and the BDSys logs obtained to one of the online file hosting servers mentioned below or use one of your own and post here the download link:

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.mediafire.com

We will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

• fagath
    Options

Logs sent via PM

Hello Filon,

Thank you for your response. Rest assured we will help you fix this issue on your father's computer, there is no doubt about that.

At this point, to be able to properly identify the causes for the reported situation and find a solution we will need to investigate a bit deeper. We need 2 logs: an Autoruns log and a BDSys log. Below you will find full information in terms of how to obtain these reports.

1) [how to generate the Autoruns log]

a ) Go to this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, etc.

2) [how to generate a BDSys log]

a ) Save and extract the BDSYS tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../BDSysLog_i.exe

b ) Make sure you close all active applications and then run "BDSysLog_i.exe"; If you receive a firewall alert,select to Allow the application to connect;

c ) Click the "Create log" button to start generating the log; A progress bar is indicating that the tool is creating the report;

d ) When the small window appears with the message "Log saved" then the report is complete and a new file named "bdsyslog.zip" appears on the Desktop;

Upload the Autoruns and the BDSys logs obtained to one of the online file hosting servers mentioned below or use one of your own and post here the download link:

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.mediafire.com

We will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Filon,

I searched all my PMs and your message wasn't there. Please upload the logs on any of the above mentioned servers so I can retrieve them and help you with a solution.

Thanks.

• fagath
    Options

PM sent again.

Hello Filon,

I searched all my PMs and your message wasn't there. Please upload the logs on any of the above mentioned servers so I can retrieve them and help you with a solution.

Thanks.

• fagath
    Options

Hello?

Anybody from support reading this topic?

Again: for a paying customer I am NOT happy with this delay every time I sent a response!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Filon,

Sorry for the delay. The logs show some remainings of a previous ransomware infection and a couple of old McAfee drivers.

I have sent the BDSYS log to our virus lab and I am waiting for their response.

I will post back as soon as I have their answer. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• fagath
    Options

How long should I wait for a reply?

I sent you the logs almost 2 weeks ago?

• fagath
    Options

Georgia wrote:

"Thank you for your response. Rest assured we will help you fix this issue on your father's computer, there is no doubt about that."

I now doubt it that your support is able to help me.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your patience and let me apologize for the delay of the answer.

Our Virus Lab confirmed that the system is clean.

I will kindly ask you to run this removal tool first to make sure there no traces left by the previous security solution.

Then run again Autoruns on the system, wait until it loads completely > go to Drivers tab > uncheck these 2 entries:

- TDEIO

- pfc

You must be logged in as Administrator to perform these tasks.

After following these steps please make sure the Bitdefender product is updated and run a new System scan, then let me know if there is any ongoing issue that requires troubleshooting.

I will be waiting for your answer.

• fagath
    Options

When I uninstalled mcafee I run the tool you mentioned.

However I run it again anyway and disabled the drivers you suggested.

I run system scan and it completed. Things looked better until I removed the exclusion rule we created. Then bd crashed spectacularly.

Screenshots and the dump file were PM'd to you.

Out of curiosity what are these two drivers and why do they conflict with bd?

• fagath
    Options

In the same folder I included logs from 1)bd support tool 2) autoruns and 3) bdsyslog

I feel ready to work for BD support now!

My father asked me a simple question: why don't we uninstall this problematic piece of software and install an alternative (paid) antivirus solution?

I didn't know what to say. Will you give me a reason to continue using BD?

It has been 40 days now that BD is functioning with folder exclusions, autoscan disabled and unable to complete a system scan.

Not to mention the well know unresolved issue with downloading flash videos after the browser sis closed!

BD seriously needs to reconsider it's support policy!

• fagath
    Options

To support:

Are you going to try to help me or you are officially giving up?

It's been 9 days since my last post!

• fagath
    Options

Hello...

Anybody here?

• fagath
    Options

As long as I am a paying customer I will not leave this topic alone. I demand support's help. It's been 56 days since the problem was reported.

• marwa89
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have remotely been trying to solve multiple problems with a win7 64bit laptop that belongs to my father but I own the bd licencse.

At first I noticed that autoscan and autoupdate were disabled and game mode was on (my father is NOT a gamer)شركة للاثاث and as a result the program's last update was 87 days ago!

Turned on everything, disabled auto laptop and game mode from settings as suggested from this forum and tried to do a full system scan.

System hangs at 80% when trying to scan some office files. Thought I try to repair the installation. The progress bar stopped at 25%.

I then uninstalled with the official removal tool, reinstalled, updated, rebooted and tried full system scan once again.

Same behaviour, crashed at 80 % and at this point I chose to send a crash report (curious about where I can find the progress of this report since I did not get any kind of confirmation)

I now tried to do a quick scan which works ok

I left things as they are waiting for a response from support but in the meantime my father noticed that the system is very slow, and it crashed and rebooted by itself (similar behaviour with the crash during full system scan)

At this point I disabled autoscan assuming that it crashes when it tried to scan some specific files.

Going to send the dump files to Christian.

Any ideas in the meantime?

Hallo,

ich habe das Problem, dass sich die Autoscan-Funktion immer wieder selbsttätig abschaltet und ich sie dann wieder manuell einschalten muss.

Zur Vorgeschichte: ich hatte vor ca. 1 Woche einen Trojanerfund. Die befallene Datei stammte aus vertrauenswürdiger Quelle, so dass ich die Warnung von BDTS 2013 in den Wind schlug.

Nun war der Virenscanner nach jedem Neustart deaktiviert und ich musste manuell nachhelfen.

Ich führte dann mithilfe von Trojaner-Board.de einige umfassende Diagnosen durch in deren Folge sich die Lage immer weiter zuspitzte. Zum Schluss waren sämtliche Module von 2013 deaktiviert und ließen sich so ohne Weiteres auch nicht wieder anwerfen.

Ich baute daraufhin die HDD aus- und in eine Icy-Box ein und ließ sie von meinem anderen Rechner mit BDTS durchscannen. Keine Funde. Allerdings habe ich nun auch auf diesem Rechner das Problem, dass sich BDTS immerwieder deaktiviert und ich es wieder aktivieren muss.

Wie soll ich in diesem Fall am besten weiter vorgehen?

• fagath
    Options

66 days since I asked for help and my problem is still unsolved and support is ignoring my messages

Does anybody know where I can address my complaints? Some sort of consumer protection service?

I believe that this is getting very serious!

• fagath
    Options

just a reminder

case still open

• fagath
    Options

Frustration continues.

Emailed support and received instructions from Dorica Cirligeanu asking things already answered in this topic.

There is a serious communication problem here. Maybe it's the language barrier?

• I am giving up after almost 4 months of trying.

I uninstalled BD, installed a different av solution and hoping that I do not have any problems with my other pc's until the subscription expires.

BD support managed to make me from a loyal customer to someone who will advise a lot of people against their product!