Safebox Is Still Dysfunctional After Months Of Trying To Use It

AJ777
AJ777
edited February 2013 in Safebox

I have been contacting you for months about Safebox being inoperative. I just tried using it again. My 3 test files I had in my desktop sync folder showed the green dot as soon as I placed them in the folder. They are supposed to be red for unsynced and blue for syncing. One file was almost 1 gig. There is no way it synced in a few seconds. As a matter of fact, one hour later only one of my test files has been synced with the web and my cell phone. It is about a 25mb file. My desktop Bitdefender panel synced for a couple minutes and apparently thinks it is done syncing. It has been hours now and it is looking like it is not going to sync the rest of my files. It has about 1 gb of files to sync with the web and my phone. Also, files and folders are showing up on my phone that I deleted months ago. They are not in my sdcard Bitdefender Safebox folder either. Also, they are not in my web Safebox. My cell never matches what is in the web Safebox even though I tell it to refresh over and over again. Additionally, I have never gotten the "B" icon over the any folder on my desktop that has been synced with Safebox. What in the world is going on with you guys? What are you doing to fix Safebox??

Comments

• I have been contacting you for months about Safebox being inoperative. I just tried using it again. My 3 test files I had in my desktop sync folder showed the green dot as soon as I placed them in the folder. They are supposed to be red for unsynced and blue for syncing. One file was almost 1 gig. There is no way it synced in a few seconds. As a matter of fact, one hour later only one of my test files has been synced with the web and my cell phone. It is about a 25mb file. My desktop Bitdefender panel synced for a couple minutes and apparently thinks it is done syncing. It has been hours now and it is looking like it is not going to sync the rest of my files. It has about 1 gb of files to sync with the web and my phone. Also, files and folders are showing up on my phone that I deleted months ago. They are not in my sdcard Bitdefender Safebox folder either. Also, they are not in my web Safebox. My cell never matches what is in the web Safebox even though I tell it to refresh over and over again. Additionally, I have never gotten the "B" icon over the any folder on my desktop that has been synced with Safebox. What in the world is going on with you guys? What are you doing to fix Safebox??

Additionally, I have several folders listed in my phone version of Safebox. I have repeatedly deleted them and repeatedly refreshed. They are not in my sdcard Safebox folder, they are not in my web Safebox or recycled folders/files, and are not in my desktop Safebox folder. I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled my phone Safebox. I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II. Why are they listed and how do I get rid of them?

Is there a file size limitation that you have not disclosed anywhere on your website?

Also, I just noticed that my desktop Bitdefender panel says it last synced 18 days ago even though it synced one of my files yesterday. Furthermore I am now getting an "Error Syncronizing Files," notification about every12 hours. Please assist.

• I have been contacting you for months about Safebox being inoperative. I just tried using it again. My 3 test files I had in my desktop sync folder showed the green dot as soon as I placed them in the folder. They are supposed to be red for unsynced and blue for syncing. One file was almost 1 gig. There is no way it synced in a few seconds. As a matter of fact, one hour later only one of my test files has been synced with the web and my cell phone. It is about a 25mb file. My desktop Bitdefender panel synced for a couple minutes and apparently thinks it is done syncing. It has been hours now and it is looking like it is not going to sync the rest of my files. It has about 1 gb of files to sync with the web and my phone. Also, files and folders are showing up on my phone that I deleted months ago. They are not in my sdcard Bitdefender Safebox folder either. Also, they are not in my web Safebox. My cell never matches what is in the web Safebox even though I tell it to refresh over and over again. Additionally, I have never gotten the "B" icon over the any folder on my desktop that has been synced with Safebox. What in the world is going on with you guys? What are you doing to fix Safebox??

Additionally, I have several folders listed in my phone version of Safebox. I have repeatedly deleted them and repeatedly refreshed. They are not in my sdcard Safebox folder, they are not in my web Safebox or recycled folders/files, and are not in my desktop Safebox folder. I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled my phone Safebox. I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II. Why are they listed and how do I get rid of them?

Is there a file size limitation that you have not disclosed anywhere on your website?

Also, I just noticed that my desktop Bitdefender panel says it last synced 18 days ago even though it synced one of my files yesterday. Furthermore I am now getting an "Error Syncronizing Files," notification about every 12 hours. Please assist.

Safebox is a service that was provided with my 2 year subscription of Bitdefender and my paid subscription of Bitdefender for my cell phone. It has not worked since I initially downoaded your products to my devices. My Skydrive works perfectly. The very same files are currently being synced with my Skydrive. It syncs non-stop until it is done. It also provides real-time status of the syncing process on all my files and folders. Also, when I refresh on my mobile device it actually refreshes my folders and files on the device. Why does your product not do the same?

Thank You

I also contacted support about this, and sent them logs as they requested. I had the exact same thing you are describing: the sync icons show fully synced even immediately after clicking on a very large file to save it. Their response, I kid you not: I must have a really fast connection. Ha. Great way to solve problems: Blame the customer, not the product.

• I also contacted support about this, and sent them logs as they requested. I had the exact same thing you are describing: the sync icons show fully synced even immediately after clicking on a very large file to save it. Their response, I kid you not: I must have a really fast connection. Ha. Great way to solve problems: Blame the customer, not the product.

Wow! Yes, it has been very frustrating. They seem to provide a great product but their support of, and the functionality, of some of their products is very disappointing to say the least. This is my first attempt utilizing their forum. Hopefully I will make contact with someone who takes their product, and the support of their products seriously. I have not to date. Thank you for your comment. Maybe that will convince them that it is not my devices as they have tried to prove to me in the past.

• Wow! Yes, it has been very frustrating. They seem to provide a great product but their support of, and the functionality, of some of their products is very disappointing to say the least. This is my first attempt utilizing their forum. Hopefully I will make contact with someone who takes their product, and the support of their products seriously. I have not to date. Thank you for your comment. Maybe that will convince them that it is not my devices as they have tried to prove to me in the past.

I wish you luck in getting the problems resolved.

Also, I just noticed that my desktop Bitdefender panel says it last synced 18 days ago even though it synced one of my files yesterday. Furthermore I am now getting an "Error Syncronizing Files," notification about every 12 hours. Please assist.

Safebox is a service that was provided with my 2 year subscription of Bitdefender and my paid subscription of Bitdefender for my cell phone. It has not worked since I initially downoaded your products to my devices. My Skydrive works perfectly. The very same files are currently being synced with my Skydrive. It syncs non-stop until it is done. It also provides real-time status of the syncing process on all my files and folders. Also, when I refresh on my mobile device it actually refreshes my folders and files on the device. Why does your product not do the same?

Thank You

Additionally, there is supposed to be a "Favorites," setting available in the Mobile version of Safebox that will auto sync/update files/folders with the Safebox folder on my sdcard. I cannot find this feature/option. Did you remove it and not update the Mobile Safebox user guide? Is it no longer available?

Also, is there a way to move my Safebox folder to my extsdcard so Safebox will save files/folders to it?

Awaiting Your Reply,

Thank You

• Additionally, there is supposed to be a "Favorites," setting available in the Mobile version of Safebox that will auto sync/update files/folders with the Safebox folder on my sdcard. I cannot find this feature/option. Did you remove it and not update the Mobile Safebox user guide? Is it no longer available?

Also, is there a way to move my Safebox folder to my extsdcard so Safebox will save files/folders to it?

Awaiting Your Reply,

Thank You

Patiently awaiting your reply.

Thank You

• Patiently awaiting your reply.

Thank You

• Hi AJ777,

Thank you for reporting this.

You will receive an answer soon via Ticket ID: 201302261016497

Thank you! :)

• Below is the email I just received from you. All the original problems still exist. Nothing has changed. What have you done to fix it? It is still completely dysfunctional. You do not need to close my ticket because you have not fixed any of the problems. I am very dissappointed with your lack of support for Safebox. It has been completely dysfunctional since I licensed your products and nothing has changed going on 4 months now. It does not appear that you have done anything to rectify the problems. Nobody has told me anything that you have done to fix them.

Dear User/Customer,

This is an automated message letting you know that you have an open support ticket with the Bitdefender Customer Care team. Your ticket id is: 201302261016497. This ticket is currently on hold pending your input. If we do not receive a reply from you within the next 48 hours the ticket will automatically be closed. (You will be able to reply to this message and re-open the ticket at any time though.)

Hi AJ777,

Thank you for reporting this.

You will receive an answer soon via Ticket ID: 201302261016497

Thank you! :)

• Below is the email I just received from you. All the original problems still exist. Nothing has changed. What have you done to fix it? It is still completely dysfunctional. You do not need to close my ticket because you have not fixed any of the problems. I am very disappointed with your lack of support for Safebox. It has been completely dysfunctional since I licensed your products and nothing has changed going on 4 months now. It does not appear that you have done anything to rectify the problems. Nobody has told me anything that you have done to fix them.

Dear User/Customer,

This is an automated message letting you know that you have an open support ticket with the Bitdefender Customer Care team. Your ticket id is: 201302261016497. This ticket is currently on hold pending your input. If we do not receive a reply from you within the next 48 hours the ticket will automatically be closed. (You will be able to reply to this message and re-open the ticket at any time though.)

Patiently awaiting your reply.

Thank You

• Below is the email I just received from you. All the original problems still exist. Nothing has changed. What have you done to fix it? It is still completely dysfunctional. You do not need to close my ticket because you have not fixed any of the problems. I am very disappointed with your lack of support for Safebox. It has been completely dysfunctional since I licensed your products and nothing has changed going on 4 months now. It does not appear that you have done anything to rectify the problems. Nobody has told me anything that you have done to fix them.

Dear User/Customer,

• Below is the email I just received from you. All the original problems still exist. Nothing has changed. What have you done to fix it? It is still completely dysfunctional. You do not need to close my ticket because you have not fixed any of the problems. I am very dissappointed with your lack of support for Safebox. It has been completely dysfunctional since I licensed your products and nothing has changed going on 4 months now. It does not appear that you have done anything to rectify the problems. Nobody has told me anything that you have done to fix them.

Dear User/Customer,

I completely understand. I have not received a response yet about the issues I posted.

It seems that Bitdefender may be understaffed for the amount of work and programming that they need to do now. As they have grown over the past few years, they have not been able to keep up. Hopefully they realize that they will have to spend a little money to satisfy customers in order to keep them.

This is all speculation of course. The only other option is that the issues are being ignored.

• I had many problems with safebox!

Now everything works perfectly!

With a simple installation with latest build, everything is fixed for me!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• I had many problems with safebox!

I just went to Safebox on the my.bitdefender portal. At first I got the dreaded "Maintenance" error, then I got half of my files with nothing in the History section.

• Gini,

Do you work for, or are you affiliated with Bitdefender in some way? Safebox is as completely dysfunctional as the first day I tried to use it, which was back in December of 2012. Nothing has changed, and nothing has been improved. I have repeatedly told Bitdefender how useless it is, and they have done absolutely nothing about it. They should just remove it from their package since there is some serious incompetence associated with this program, not to mention false advertising. Safebox was one of the reasons I licensed Bitdefender 2013. I am a first time user of Bitdefender, and a Computer Science student in my senior year. I figured, what could be safer than my AV/IS provided encrypted cloud storage. Little did I know that it was completely dysfunctional and useless. I had never trusted any cloud storage before, and I was begrudgingly forced to switch over to Microsoft's Skydrive since Safebox continues to be utterly useless. Now, would you like me to tell you how I really feel about Safebox and Bitdefender?

I had many problems with safebox!

• Gini,

Do you work for, or are you affiliated with Bitdefender in some way? Safebox is as completely dysfunctional as the first day I tried to use it, which was back in December of 2012. Nothing has changed, and nothing has been improved. I have repeatedly told Bitdefender how useless it is, and they have done absolutely nothing about it. They should just remove it from their package since there is some serious incompetence associated with this program, not to mention false advertising. Safebox was one of the reasons I licensed Bitdefender 2013. I am a first time user of Bitdefender, and a Computer Science student in my senior year. I figured, what could be safer than my AV/IS provided encrypted cloud storage. Little did I know that it was completely dysfunctional and useless. I had never trusted any cloud storage before, and I was begrudgingly forced to switch over to Microsoft's Skydrive since Safebox continues to be utterly useless. Now, would you like me to tell you how I really feel about Safebox and Bitdefender?

AJ777, if it makes you feel any better, I had to uninstall Bitdefender as Safebox completely hosed my files last week. I could have just disabled Safebox and continued using Bitdefender, but after the emails and support tickets I have sent to their "support" staff explaining and demonstrating various issues with the program, I gave up. I wonder if anybody at Bitdefender has tried to upload various files and folders and use over 3 or 4Gb of storage then tried to use the Safebox module at the my.bitdefender portal? It is completely useless. What is even better is when it takes all of your synced files and folders, and renames them with the full directly extension then drops them in the first synced folder. Luckily I had windows Backup running and could revert my files to where they were just before Bitdefender screwed them up.

As it is, I can not and will not recommend Bitdefender to any of my customers now. They have had plenty of chances to fix the issues. They have had plenty of chances to acknowledge the issues. They have done neither.

If my company provided the same level of service to my customers as Bitdefender does to theirs, we would have been out of business a long time ago.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

@ Gini™ : We're glad that everything is back to normal with your Safebox account.

@ cohbraz : Thank you so much for your feedback on this matter. I've found your tickets in the system. The mobile team will get back to you via ticket ID 201303161007701. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

@ AJ777 : The text you received was an automatic reminder. Rest assured we do not close the ticket ID 20130226101649 before solving the issue you encounter with Safebox. We will contact you asap.

• I am begging somebody, anybody at Bitdefender, to address the Safebox issues.

Upload at least 2 or 3 GB of data. Login to the my.bitdefender portal and see how long it takes for the files to show up. The larger the uploaded data size, the longer it takes for files to appear. The problem is, it does not let you know what it is doing.

Install the Safebox app for Android after the data has been uploaded. See how long it takes for the files to show up, if they appear at all. Once you have files appearing, delete one and see if it stays on the android app. It will. Deleted files do not disappear.

Why are hidden system files such as "Thumbs.db" being uploaded?

Why has the Android app not been updated on over a year? The last version was released on April 11, 2012. That's right, over a year ago.

How about someone at Bitdefender go to the Safebox Feedback (not this forum, the feedback page) area and address some of those unhappy users.

• I am begging somebody, anybody at Bitdefender, to address the Safebox issues.

Upload at least 2 or 3 GB of data. Login to the my.bitdefender portal and see how long it takes for the files to show up. The larger the uploaded data size, the longer it takes for files to appear. The problem is, it does not let you know what it is doing.

Install the Safebox app for Android after the data has been uploaded. See how long it takes for the files to show up, if they appear at all. Once you have files appearing, delete one and see if it stays on the android app. It will. Deleted files do not disappear.

Why are hidden system files such as "Thumbs.db" being uploaded?

Why has the Android app not been updated on over a year? The last version was released on April 11, 2012. That's right, over a year ago.

How about someone at Bitdefender go to the Safebox Feedback (not this forum, the feedback page) area and address some of those unhappy users.

Is it safe to assume that with the lack of response by Bitdefender to the post above, and due to none of the posted issues being fixed, that SafeBox is no longer being developed? Nobody from Bitdefender has responded to upset users in the Safebox Feedback page in nearly a year.

I guess this is a dead product. If it is still active and Bitdefender is still developing it, prove it to me by FIXING IT.