Anti-spam Unable To Start

I am at my wits end here with the anti-spam module in the Total Security 2013 package. As many people have suggested I have done at least 10 repair installs and about 5 uninstalls/reinstalls to no avail -- the module still refuses to start. I have even tried NOT enabling anti-spam during the installation and then trying to enable it after the updates have been applied and my computer has rebooted.

My system specs are as follows:

OS - Windows 7 Professional x64

CPU - Intel i5-2400

RAM - 4GB DDR3

Chipset - Intel Q65 Express Chipset (this is a work computer and it's a Dell Optiplex 790)

HD - 250GB WD

Currently using Office 2010 64-bit

I can see the toolbar in Outlook 2010 but everything is grayed out (assuming this is because the module is failing to start)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I said, I am at my wits end with this...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• So I did yet another repair install and it seems to be working now. I guess 11th times the charm.

• Guess I spoke too soon... it decided to start failing again today... *sigh*

• Add me to the list!

Windows 7 64 bits Sony Vaio

Pending issues: antispam is disabled

Start --> Fixing --> failed

WTF?

• It does nothing in Thunderbrd despite the buttons, acting as decoration, being available.

• Hi everybody!

Thanks for letting us know! We have reproduced the problem and we're working on fixing it. We'll keep you up to date!

• Hi everybody!

Thanks for letting us know! We have reproduced the problem and we're working on fixing it. We'll keep you up to date!

I am having same problem with bitdefender IS 2013 Anti spam is not working at all <_< . I am using Win 7 64-bit. 4 GB DDR3 RAM. Intel core i5 processor. I reinstalled it many times but still its not working. Please fix this soon. -_-

• Hi everyone!

We have fixed the problem. It will be available on the next update.

Thanks!

Andra.

• AstroMax
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone!

We have fixed the problem. It will be available on the next update.

Thanks!

Andra.

Thanks, FYI this is what I have, and toolbar is not working with Thunderbird 14

(Sony Vaio W7 64 bits)

post-107140-1344106853_thumb.jpg

• Hi AstroMax,

The issue you described has the same behavior as the problem we already fixed.

Hope you'll get the chance to enjoy the Antispam module after the next product update.

Andra.

• Thanks for the information, Hoang. I will give that a try as soon as I have everything downloaded and report back if it works or not.

• It didn't work... this issue is becoming very annoying.

• same for god sakes someone fix it

holyy

I had to repair to fix the update icon and other icons missing from bitdefender now this

you guys are not doing anything

• Hi AstroMax,

The issue you described has the same behavior as the problem we already fixed.

Hope you'll get the chance to enjoy the Antispam module after the next product update.

Andra.

Still not fixed, which update are you referring to?

post-107140-1344768161_thumb.jpg

• Did a repair, now everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks!

• Too soon...

I still have problems under 64 bits W7

post-107140-1345277077_thumb.jpg

• Im having exactly same problem.....

Im using a latest build but no luck... repaired/reinstalled it many times........

• yes i also have this problem now can not activate anti spam i tried to repair install bit defender to no avail it used to work.I need antispam can you please fix this asap because we have a security that we pay for that isn't fully functional needs to be a priority thanks.

• Same here, antispam doesn't start in BTS 2013. please fix this.

• geordie
    edited October 2012

I use Outlook. Previous version of BDIS 2012 worked well with Outlook.

Now I have BDIS 2013 and while the home panel tells me anti spam is on it obviously is not as I'm getting all kinds of C**P through. The Spam toolbar I used to get in Outlook isn't there either. Looked at the help, it mentions Friends/Spammers lists, haven't any evidence of this that I can see. I recall a switch in 2012 which allowed the tool bar to be on or off, seems to have gone now?

I would like to use Anti spam, but need it to work first!! Any solutions, anyone?

(Vista 32 bit)

• I use Outlook. Previous version of BDIS 2012 worked well with Outlook.

Now I have BDIS 2013 and while the home panel tells me anti spam is on it obviously is not as I'm getting all kinds of C**P through. The Spam toolbar I used to get in Outlook isn't there either. Looked at the help, it mentions Friends/Spammers lists, haven't any evidence of this that I can see. I recall a switch in 2012 which allowed the tool bar to be on or off, seems to have gone now?

I would like to use Anti spam, but need it to work first!! Any solutions, anyone?

(Vista 32 bit)

Hello, Hello, Anyone there?

Any BD response?

Any response????

• Hello, Hello, Anyone there?

Any BD response?

Any response????

Just ran a BD Scan. It came up with over 40 entries of objects not scanned relating to BD2013\antispam_95958_****** where the final status was "object not found". Looks like the whole anti spam part of BD2013 isn't even there! Even though the home page clearly says that it is switched on.

What's going on? I would love to stop all the C**p coming through my outlook inbox.

How about a solution BD people????

• xauen
    edited November 2012

same here.

Problem with BDIS2013 antispam cannot activate on Thunderbird

Using Windows 8 64bit

Pmrcp.png

• Am I missing a trick here? I've looked again at the on line help re Spam and it has changed from last time.

I am now confused. It says that BD antispam only works for POP3 I THINK my mail is IMAP. Does this mean that BD isn't working for me? Can someone help me out here?

BD still tells me that the Anti spam is on, but the toolbar is not there in Outlook (mail client window) it used to be on BD2012 version but not for BD2013 version.

The following is a quote from BD help - "If you are using Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express / Windows Mail / Thunderbird, you can configure the local antispam filters directly from your mail client. Click the Settings button on the Bitdefender antispam toolbar (normally located in the upper part of the mail client window) and then the Antispam Filters tab." sounds good except it is not there.

Also, I occassionally run a registry cleaner and it comes up with errors informing me that there are references to BD Spam/ Phising which are not there.

It has been a long time now for this topic to be left unattended. Perhaps someone from BD can sort it out - PLEASE

I'm Using Build: 16.24.0.1682

• mirceattl
    edited December 2012

I have the same problem as Markco, the antispam toolbar won't activate on TB ... :(

I use BDIS 2013 build 16.25.0.1710.

• Am I missing a trick here? I've looked again at the on line help re Spam and it has changed from last time.

I am now confused. It says that BD antispam only works for POP3 I THINK my mail is IMAP. Does this mean that BD isn't working for me? Can someone help me out here?

BD still tells me that the Anti spam is on, but the toolbar is not there in Outlook (mail client window) it used to be on BD2012 version but not for BD2013 version.

The following is a quote from BD help - "If you are using Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express / Windows Mail / Thunderbird, you can configure the local antispam filters directly from your mail client. Click the Settings button on the Bitdefender antispam toolbar (normally located in the upper part of the mail client window) and then the Antispam Filters tab." sounds good except it is not there.

Also, I occassionally run a registry cleaner and it comes up with errors informing me that there are references to BD Spam/ Phising which are not there.

It has been a long time now for this topic to be left unattended. Perhaps someone from BD can sort it out - PLEASE

I'm Using Build: 16.24.0.1682

Never got a reply on this ! But I did sort it myself ! using Outlook 2007 - Go to tools - then trust centre - then addins - then manage disabled items - identify BDAS - close - OK restart Outlook. everything hunky dorky now!

• Can't get it to work. Same as with the user Marko a few posts up.

I am going to use my "money back guarantee" as the Bitdefender team can't seem to work this thing out since the thread started. Seems their products won't work fully functional when you buy them. And that best "AV" for 2012 doesn't make any difference.

Atleast not for me.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

If any of you still needs further assistance in regards to this matter please post back.

Thank you.

• Replica Luxury Hand**** Shop offers all kinds of replica brands hand****,######,wallets,belts and others accessories which high quality and chea.p price.such as louis vuitton hand****,hermes ****.refer to the following url:www.luxuryhand****shop.com

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM. SPAM, SPAM, SPAM. SPAM, SPAM, SPAM. SPAM, SPAM, SPAM. SPAM, SPAM, SPAM.

• Hello,

If any of you still needs further assistance in regards to this matter please post back.

Thank you.

May be it is unrelated, but it is the closet subjetc I found, please tell me:

I'm running Windows 7 64 bits, I installed it under the administrator, I said yes to antispam, wihtin teh adminstrato account it looks fine, but when I go to a standard user (even if I give him the adminstror rights) I do NOT have any anitspam, or more exactly every option appears in grey and I don find how to rule it from INSIDE Windows live mail

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Hi burt,

The Bitdefender antispam toolbar works only on accounts that have local administrative rights.

Did you already try to follow these steps?

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...client-793.html

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

• Hi burt,

The Bitdefender antispam toolbar works only on accounts that have local administrative rights.

Did you already try to follow these steps?

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...client-793.html

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Thank you, It looks like it does NOT work (or where is the toolbar hidden?):

More information: I'm using Windows 7 64 bits, windows live Mail 2012 (NOT windows live mail whichhas a different look)

I have given temporary the administator rights to ma user, followed the procedure A and B (not C which is for Outlook Express I presume)

Any other idea?

Burt

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Hi Burt, Bitdefender Antispam toolbar does not integrate into Windows Live Mail 2012. As the KB and the userguide mention:

The Bitdefender Antispam toolbar is compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, Outlook Express (32 bit), Windows Mail (32 bit) and Mozilla Thunderbird.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Hi Burt, Bitdefender Antispam toolbar does not integrate into Windows Live Mail 2012. As the KB and the userguide mention:

Thank you for your understanding.

THANK YOU, i get always mixed up between "Windows MAIL" and "Windows LIVE Mail" (the one you download from <Windows Live Essentials>) AND "Windows Live Mail 2012" (the one you download from <Windows Essentials 2012>), 3 different products (Very!) with almost the same name.

Have a nice day

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

You're welcome, Burt. I'm glad I could help.

Hope you have a beautiful weekend ahead!