New Product Update 1.015.946

Comments

• craig13
    edited May 2013

Remove this post please

• Some information about the update would be courteous to us user's, I see that the ability to add exclusions have still been left out of this version so there doesn't seem to be any respect given to all the users who asked and needed for this to be added.

• Hello

i`ve just updated my BDF version 1.0.15.946 but immidiatey i have problems.

I cannot load google.com, live.com from Firefox v. 21

But I can load google.com or live.com only after i manually turn off virus shield in options.

No problems with Chrome or IE

Help please?

• Hello,

What OS are you running? Are you using a proxy?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

The official changelog was posted over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=185661

Thank you!

• Hello everyone,

The official changelog was posted over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=185661

Thank you!

Thank you!! Have a nice Day !!

• Hello,

What OS are you running? Are you using a proxy?

XP SP3, no proxy

• Hello again,

It seems that on XP there is a problem with urls that are redirected.

We are working on it and come back with an answer.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• OK

thank you

• Log off bug still not fixed

Anyway, thanks for the update :)

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭

If we restore the file from quarantine, he falls into the exceptions, but if we want to block it again, this option does not work.

HwHL5q7i.jpg

• My URL redirect problem is solved with the update moments ago.

BR

thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Have a lovely day!

• bozo101
    edited May 2013

Hello

I have same problem like this user here with new update 1.0.15.946

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.ph...;postcount=1902

pc hang about 10 sec in welcome screen and afterthat screen is black for some secs and sometimes windows explorer crashes.

please check. thank you

WIN7 pro

• Hello

I have same problem like this user here with new update 1.0.15.946

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.ph...;postcount=1902

pc hang about 10 sec in welcome screen and afterthat screen is black for some secs and sometimes windows explorer crashes.

please check. thank you

WIN7 pro

... and if i disable virus shield and reboot again i have no problem at all and pc starts fast and without black screens. And if i enable virus shield again and reboot the problems will start again...

• Just to let the Bitdefender team know that the BDAVF download link http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html still downloads and installs the previous version of the program, eventually it will update to the current version but shouldn't it be installing the latest version in the first place.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited May 2013
    ... and if i disable virus shield and reboot again i have no problem at all and pc starts fast and without black screens. And if i enable virus shield again and reboot the problems will start again...

My guess is that you have some remnant files left over from a previous AV product. All the AV products that I have installed that run real-time protection and are then uninstalled require the use of a special uninstaller provided by the AV manufacturer in order to remove everything and insure no conflict with the replacement AV. I have found that using the Windows Program uninstaller or generic third party uninstallers to remove a AV program running in real-time is not sufficient in order to avoid conflicts with a new AV program.

• If we restore the file from quarantine, he falls into the exceptions, but if we want to block it again, this option does not work.

HwHL5q7i.jpg

From Hot For Security

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Adds Quarantine Ability

By: Liviu Arsene May 17, 2013

Bitdefender Antivirus Free for desktop computers is designed to minimize both the performance footprint on computers and user interactions. Using the same award-winning technology proven to fend off even the most intrusive malware, Antivirus Free not only offers 24/7 protection, but is also fully compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Since we’re always trying to improve user experience by including new features, we’ve now updated our Antivirus Free to include a Quarantine function that prevents malware-infected files from doing harm.

Based on considerable feedback from our users, the new Quarantine function allows file-specific whitelisting, enabling full user control over infected files. While some files may be deemed “infected” by any antivirus software based on their dubious behavior, they may still be trusted by the user.

As such, they may choose to reinstate quarantined files and continue to use them without having Bitdefender Antivirus Free interfere ever again.

Files can now be removed from quarantine and restored to their original location, without having their functionality altered. Just by clicking “Remove from Quarantine,” the selected file will no longer be blocked from running – giving users greater leeway in trusting the file.

By manually removing a file from quarantine, users accept any and all consequences associated with its performance. While Bitdefender’s Antivirus Free warns of the risks of running a potentially infected file, users who disregard the advice do so in full knowledge of what might happen.

Although false positive detections are known to happen, we still encourage users to exercise maximum caution when reinstating quarantined files.

more on link

• I guess they still haven't given us any option to exclude a file manually. So what if I have a file and BD detects it as a virus and deletes it NOT quarantine it. Then how would I exclude the file in the first place. I have such a file and I trust it totally as I have been working with it for more than 4 years and no single antivirus has ever detected it as a virus and BD just detects it and directly deletes it. I left BD for this reason and would not come back until this issue is solved.

• My guess is that you have some remnant files left over from a previous AV product. All the AV products that I have installed that run real-time protection and are then uninstalled require the use of a special uninstaller provided by the AV manufacturer in order to remove everything and insure no conflict with the replacement AV. I have found that using the Windows Program uninstaller or generic third party uninstallers to remove a AV program running in real-time is not sufficient in order to avoid conflicts with a new AV program.

no

I used avira antivirus before and deinstalled it with their own uninstalltool avira registery cleaner.

right now i have no third party av tools installed, only BAFE 1.0.15.946 is running...

as you can see at my link i posted some other users have also this problems with slow booting issue (WIN XP, WIN7...)

my workaround right now before i shutdown my system i disable virus shield. in this case i have no "slow booting bug" but have to

enable virus shield everytime manually...

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....408&page=78

Dev Team: please check this issue...

thanks

• ...my workaround right now before i shutdown my system i disable virus shield. in this case i have no "slow booting bug" but have to

enable virus shield everytime manually...

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....408&page=78

forget this workaround. Http scanner will not work anymore....

• Just to let the Bitdefender team know that the BDAVF download link http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html still downloads and installs the previous version of the program, eventually it will update to the current version but shouldn't it be installing the latest version in the first place.

Adding some more information to this, I ran a repair this morning because the logs screen failed to open and the repair returns me to 1.0.14.889 after rebooting :wacko: