Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To View Detected Log

Options

Hi,

Thanks for Bitdefender Free edition!

I was wondering how I can view virus detection log, or file quarantine action log, during regular use of computer in 'Auto scan' mode?

I see there is a viewable log if you do an 'On Demand scan'. Then log window will show when scan is completed.

How can I see log for detections and quarantines when there is no 'On Demand scan' performed, but only regular 'Auto scan'?

I wait for your help. Thank you again!

Comments

• azavoianu
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hello,

You can access Logs window clicking Logs button from main interface

Log section is divided in two tabs: Events and Threat Control

Event tab contains details about:

-Automatic Scan: Full and quick sweep

-On demand scan

-Virus Signatures and Product Updates

-Actions made by Virus shield (blocked processes/files)

Threat Control contains threats neutralized by BD AVFree: quarantined files, blocked processes. For each one there is the possibility to exclude items you consider false positive, at your own risk (right click on blocked item opens a contextual menu containing restore/unblock option)

Thanks for feedback,

Alex

• mb880
    Options

Thanks Alex,

I have a question now about Blocked Processes in Threat Control. Here is screenshot:

post-145804-1370056657_thumb.png

I made On Demand scan of C:\ and it shows red result. Some trojan in .eml email attachments were found and quarantined. I deleted quarantine.

Now it shows dllhost.exe and two Windows Mail exe's are Blocked.

Are these exe Blocked from running permanently? or is this only a log saying they were Blocked once at some time?

Because I can run wlmail.exe and it loads properly, and connects to internet to get new mail. What does it mean by Blocked?

If I right click on any of the Blocked Process, it gives option to unblock, but I never unblocked it and the exe still runs.

What should I do for this?