Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Shield And Auto Scan Disabled Until Login

Options

I installed Bitdefender a month or two ago. Today I see that both the Virus Shield and Auto Scan are "disabled until login". I never signed up for an account with Bitdefender before, yet the Virus Shield and Auto Scan were enabled in the past. Does Bitdefender allow the user to run it for a month before requiring him to sign up for an account? If not, what happened?

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    I installed Bitdefender a month or two ago. Today I see that both the Virus Shield and Auto Scan are "disabled until login". I never signed up for an account with Bitdefender before, yet the Virus Shield and Auto Scan were enabled in the past. Does Bitdefender allow the user to run it for a month before requiring him to sign up for an account? If not, what happened?

I don't know if signing up is required. However, I can relate this.

I have a license for BD W8 Security. I am also usisng BD AV Free on my W7-SP1 x64 computer. When I click on My Bitdefender in BD W8 Security it takes me to a webpage that lists several apps and additional features I can take advantage up as a result of my BD W8 Security. When I click on My Bitdefender in BD AV Free I also get a list of several apps and additional features that I can use.

The list of additional apps and features showing in My Bitdefender in BD AV Free are

1. Safebox for storing files pics etc in the cloud.

2. Parental Control

3. Facebook Protection

4. Twitter Protection

5. Anti-Theft

6. Identity-Theft

What I don't know is if they only show because my login to My Bitdefender through BD AV Free recognizes I have a license. If you think any of those additional apps and features might help you then you might want to consider signing up to My Defender and see if they are there for you.

• I installed Bitdefender a month or two ago. Today I see that both the Virus Shield and Auto Scan are "disabled until login". I never signed up for an account with Bitdefender before, yet the Virus Shield and Auto Scan were enabled in the past. Does Bitdefender allow the user to run it for a month before requiring him to sign up for an account? If not, what happened?

Hello,

Bitdefender AVFree has a trial period for a month, after that sign up is required.

You must register and log in with a bitdefender account to be protected (registration is free, and easy)

Thanks for feedback,

Alex