Bd And Itunes And Apple Tv

Hi:

Been a BD user for years. I have a problem when BD Internet Security 2013 is installed as follows. I have a Win 7 Home premium pc. Using itunes, I can stream audio and pictures to Apple TV (3rd generation). But I can't stream video .......until I uninstall BD, then everything is fine.

If BD is installed but the AV and Firewall are disabled, I can't steam video even though the Firewall shows itunes and bonjour as being safe. I have to completely uninstall BD in order to fix the problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi:

Been a BD user for years. I have a problem when BD Internet Security 2013 is installed as follows. I have a Win 7 Home premium pc. Using itunes, I can stream audio and pictures to Apple TV (3rd generation). But I can't stream video .......until I uninstall BD, then everything is fine.

If BD is installed but the AV and Firewall are disabled, I can't steam video even though the Firewall shows itunes and bonjour as being safe. I have to completely uninstall BD in order to fix the problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I haven't received any responses. Assuming that the firewall is the issue, can I use my BD 2013 Internet Security paid license to downgrade to the Anti-Virus only package?

• I haven't received any responses. Assuming that the firewall is the issue, can I use my BD 2013 Internet Security paid license to downgrade to the Anti-Virus only package?

Ok first off try the settings in your firewall. Are you in a hardwired secured dedicated home server network? This way we can rule out poor signal? Bit Defender installation causing the problem or not SCREW WIRELESS you want that 1080P picture streaming at a constant bitrate because what you will see with Wireless and you already know this is a huge burst of packets like when you step on the garden hose when you were a kid in a waterfight. Then what you would do is take your foot off and the stream would hit everyone full blast till you ran out of water and they all came after you with super soakers and then it was not so fun anymore.

Then go to firewall settings if your network is safe on the home network set the settings to adapter home/generic/no/ AND then stealth mode let me know if that gets you anywhere and BEFORE WE TRY ALL THIS have you called Bitdefender's techsupport's line,e-mail or live chat. You have to call them first please and contact them first please bug them first and if no satisfaction and still within 30 days please ask for a refund or make sure they say they will send someone to make it right because they are NOT a bad company but getting one on one person tech support is almost impossible but I will help you if you have exhausted all these options. Thank you in advance so please try all the interventions above and get back to me as soon as you have tried them.

• I am very sorry for the very long response but I am sure if you call Bitdefender they would be more than Happy to help you but I would ask for a credit too. I only responded with such a long post because you paid for the higher end software so why should you not get the higher end software get your money's worth man :).