Updates Erase Games List

Drason
Drason ✭✭

So far everytime there's an update it erases any games in the Games list.

Is this happening to just me or is it a known issue?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please tell me what build version are you using: right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number.

I will also need to know when did this issue start to occur?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Drason
    Drason ✭✭
    Hello,

Please tell me what build version are you using: right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number.

I will also need to know when did this issue start to occur?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

The build it shows is 16.29.0.1830.

This has been going on ever since I went from BD 2011 to BD 2013, which was May 15, 2013.

Before I installed the 2013, I used the BD cleaner to remove anything left over from 2011.

• Drason
    Drason ✭✭
    The build it shows is 16.29.0.1830.

This has been going on ever since I went from BD 2011 to BD 2013, which was May 15, 2013.

Before I installed the 2013, I used the BD cleaner to remove anything left over from 2011.

I've also reallized it's noit just the Games list but all the General settings are reset to their default.

Is there any word yet or fix for this?

• Drason
    Drason ✭✭
    I've also reallized it's noit just the Games list but all the General settings are reset to their default.

Is there any word yet or fix for this?

I found the games list file and thought I could just add all the games I have to it and copy the file somewhere else then back when BD updated and cleared it but only the software has that permission, which makes sense but it screws my workaround.

I'm tired of going and adding a game to the list everytime before I play it.

• Possibly, it's with the games itself. How many games do you have currently in this list? smile2.png

• Drason
    Drason ✭✭
    Possibly, it's with the games itself. How many games do you have currently in this list? smile2.png

It doesn't matter what games. I put all the games I have on there after I got the newer 2013 version and the game list was cleared on the next update. Since this has been going on, I only add the one I play. That's just one game and after the next upate the list is cleared. Not only is the list cleared but all the settings in the General settings tab are reset to their defaults. It's very frustrating.

• Drason
    Drason ✭✭

I noticed on MyBitdefender products it shows an evaluation version expiring along with the nonevaluation version. Could there be some remnant of the evaluation version causing the general settings to reset after updates or reboots?

• Drason
    Drason ✭✭

In addition to the General settings not saving, BD will update while I'm playing a game, which causes the game to crash.

Is anyone else having this problem?