Skype Problems Lead To System Restore Failures

So it all started with Skype.

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7.

A couple weeks back, Skype was giving me this problem where it would not allow me to log out. When I would hit the "quit" button, it would close, but the icon would remain in the toolbar. And I would not be able to reopen the program because Skype thinks I was "already signed in on this computer." But when I tried to right-click the icon lingering in my taskbar, nothing would happen.

So, all right, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. No biggie. It started working again for a few weeks afterwards.

Now it's doing it again. Reintalling it did nothing, now it's doing it again right out of the cage. It also kills the audio until the next time I reboot.

So I tried a system restore. It would not complete successfully, giving me an error "0x80070005."

I do a little research and find I have to restart the computer in safe mode for it to work. So I do so.

Now I'm getting error message "0xc0000022" and I have no idea what this means. I can't find any information on it online.

I'm starting to panic.

Comments

• doncht
    edited June 2013

You're still having problems with safe mode. In that mode, BD never starts or any other security software. I guess I would say that BD did not affect the skype performance at all. have you made software installations prior to getting this? smile2.png

• Update: Apparently, the system restore DID work because the computer has reverted to the way it used to be. The only software I installed was my new webcam's, which I think is the source of my problem with Skype.

• Hey, all!

I've found the ultimate solution for any number of the many bugs/glitches in Bitdefedner (that are never fixed/patched).

1) Uninstall Bitdefender

2) Install a quality product with a competent customer service team

3) Contact Bitdefender to be sure you are off their Auto-Renewal Scam/Fraud list

I did those three steps a couple months ago and haven't had any problems since then.

I hope this helps. Have a good day!

Brilliant mind!