Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

On-line Scan Problem

Options

when i attempted to use bitdefender on-line scan, i received the following message:

failed to load interface

you must have administrative rights on this computer, you also must have the internet explorer security settings to the medium level.

1. i am owner, and owner has admin rights. do i need to log back in as admin? is that possible?

2. in internet options>security tab i have it set to medium as it recommends. is there any place else in internet options that i may need to change? are there any other changes to the computer needed?

can you guys give me any suggestions or advice.

Comments

• when i attempted to use bitdefender on-line scan, i received the following message:

failed to load interface

you must have administrative rights on this computer, you also must have the internet explorer security settings to the medium level.

1. i am owner, and owner has admin rights. do i need to log back in as admin? is that possible?

2. in internet options>security tab i have it set to medium as it recommends. is there any place else in internet options that i may need to change? are there any other changes to the computer needed?

can you guys give me any suggestions or advice.

ejames82,

If you are using a VISTA machine, right click on the Bitdefender application and select Run as Administrator.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Orphan

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello ejames82,

What Orphan said is correct: Vista's User Account Control might prevent BD Online Scan to have Admin rights (ONLY on Windows Vista).

@Orphan: BitDefender online scan is an ActiveX component, for Internet Explorer. It's not a separate application. Do you know how to give it admin rights (since I don't think the advice right click on the application works, for the reason I just said)?

Cris.

• my fault.

i used a link that was in "my favorites" that is probably 6 months old. i went to the bitdefender home page and it worked. nothing found on my computer. -_-

thanks for the replies. Ed

• Hello ejames82,

What Orphan said is correct: Vista's User Account Control might prevent BD Online Scan to have Admin rights (ONLY on Windows Vista).

@Orphan: BitDefender online scan is an ActiveX component, for Internet Explorer. It's not a separate application. Do you know how to give it admin rights (since I don't think the advice right click on the application works, for the reason I just said)?

Cris.

Cris,

I've only had VISTA since August, but any time any application or service has asked for administration rights, the right click, Run as Administrator has always worked.

Cheers

Orphan