Windows Action Center Says That I Have No Antivirus Or Firewall Enabled

My both Windows 8 Pro 64bit pc's say that I don't have firewall or antivirus enabled in Bitdefender.

But there is one thing sure, and that is that I have them both enabled, so It's a error in windows.

Should I just click 'turn off messages from firewall and antivirus' ?

Comments

• Hi marijndebaas, and welcome :)

Those should have been taken care of by previous updates:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=173872

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=187136

Try running a repair, restart your PC, then do an update which may be large and require a reboot (see Events/Update/and see if a reboot is requested). You may need to reboot your PC a couple of times to get it to take, but hopefully that should resolve it for you.

Repair: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35489

Let us know how it goes :)

Scott

• False error messages in Windows is quite common, and this seems to be the case here. It is probably quite safe to ignore it. Any problem that needs to be fixed in Bitdefender will be made quite clear by BD. Many problems that have been reported with BD, is probably just a problem with Windows.

• False error messages in Windows is quite common, and this seems to be the case here. It is probably quite safe to ignore it. Any problem that needs to be fixed in Bitdefender will be made quite clear by BD. Many problems that have been reported with BD, is probably just a problem with Windows.

Agreed, as marijndebaas thought of just disabling the messages is an option. Yet, BD repair has been a very good resource in clearing up some of the minor glitches, to have the possibility of a correct reading by Action Center (Image: Win 8 64-bit, BD Win 8 Security, which seems to run more predictably then the 2013 versions on Win 8). Maybe trying it on one of the PCs ^_^

BDOn_zpscdab662c.jpg

At issue could also be a previous AV solution that has leftover remnants that can cause BD glitches/issues. But for now, there are two choices at hand :)

• Hi

Kindly read and follow this article

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-to...d-off-1091.html

• Thank you, ONT...I forgot about that one :)

• My both Windows 8 Pro 64bit pc's say that I don't have firewall or antivirus enabled in Bitdefender.

But there is one thing sure, and that is that I have them both enabled, so It's a error in windows.

Should I just click 'turn off messages from firewall and antivirus' ?

I have the same problem. I followed all instructions but the problem persists; not every day. This is upsetting now. I have W7. Can Bitdefender solve this problem? How long should we wait? What is wrong with Bitdefender technical team? Only money matters, not the users problems? This is disgusting.

• After three months I started getting the same message. Maybe it was because of one of the recent Windows 7 updates, I cannot be sure. Now it seems to happen every morning when I start up my computer. I'm a sophisticated user but it's really a waste of time to go in and check the Windows Action Center, then call up the Command prompt (which always says things are fine when I look at the repository), then reset the repository, and then reboot the computer. We are in an age when software should work without glitches and the company should figure out what patch is necessary and then make the fix!!!

• This is an ongoing issue - uninstalling and re-installing Bitdefender doesn't help at all (just a quick fix way for the admins to appear helpful). What I find useful, if you are paranoid about the alert, is to disconnect your internet connection, load up the Bitdefender application and turn off the anti-virus (turning it back on straight away) and do the same for the Bitdefender firewall.

@Bitdefender - surely you can do something to fix this?

• @ Alan G

I have the same issue on two of three PC's with BDIS 2014. After all these years, it is still a pain in the butt. I have reset the repository and it works for a couple reboots then it reverts to the error. It is a fault of Windows not seeing that BDIS is active, but I think that BDIS isn't yelling loud enough.

I have set the service "Security Center" to be an automatic (Delayed Start). That should give BDIS adequate time to report that it is in fact loaded.

Come on BitDefender, get this fixed.

Thanks,

Leighton