New Era In Password Safety With The New Bitdefender Wallet

By: Loredana Botezatu June 26, 2013 | Posted in: Tips and Tricks

The number of high-profile database leaks in the past two years raised red flags on the effectiveness and security of password-based authentication. Unfortunately, biometrics or smartcards are still a long way from mass adoption. Passwords – though risky – are everywhere.

To avoid such attacks, prevention is better than mitigation. Strong, unique and frequently renewed passwords for different accounts help users protect themselves against direct attacks. But it is not easy, as remembering strong passwords is time consuming and extremely difficult.

That’s why Bitdefender has created Wallet, a utility that ships today with the New Bitdefender. This virtual wallet can be used to store bank account numbers, PINs, credentials for websites, e-mails, subscriptions, applications or wireless networks, keeping all sensitive data together and encrypted in a single location locked with a master password.

wallet.png

You can read the rest here

Comments

• Nice info. and link. Thanks for posting this about the new Wallet feature :)

• I have tested this new function.

And i found that not work very good (it have an Intermittent function, sometimes works, sometimes no).

I am happy with this new function and waiting for improvements. :rolleyes:

By the way, I am impressed by this new version.

Have a nice day!

• Thank you all for your feedback.

This topic will be closed, but feel free to post any further questions on Bitdefender products and features on the forums.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.