How To Recover Corrupt Driver (gzflt.sys)

I have an HP laptop running Windows 7 that will not boot because of a corrupted gzflt.sys file. The Windows utility is unable to repair the file so I'm unable to boot from the Hard Drive. I do have a Windows recovery disc and can boot from that to run utilities.

Is there some place I can get an uncorrupted driver file?

Comments

• I have an HP laptop running Windows 7 that will not boot because of a corrupted gzflt.sys file. The Windows utility is unable to repair the file so I'm unable to boot from the Hard Drive. I do have a Windows recovery disc and can boot from that to run utilities.

Is there some place I can get an uncorrupted driver file?

boot into safe mode from your recovery disk and uninstall and re-install bitdefender.

• boot into safe mode from your recovery disk and uninstall and re-install bitdefender.

What if it fails safe mode boot?

• What if it fails safe mode boot?

So, what you're saying is you can't boot into safe mode from your recovery disk?

Try the steps here and and an attempt a Startup Repair. If your Windows 7 system installation disc doesn't work for this there are links where you can download another recovery option. That way you won't have to reinstall the O/S.

As the webpage says about Startup Repair, you may have to do it up to three times. Try that and let us know how it goes.