Bsod ! Please Help.

MSA_1
edited July 2013 in General

I purchased Bitdefender Total Security 2013 back in February. It worked just fine for the first 2-3 months and I'm was really happy with this product. Then I started getting BSODs. I tried uninstalling it altogether for a few days to make sure that it is causing the problem and there are no BSODs after it is uninstalled. After the new Bitdefender is released, I was hopeful that it would fix the problem and i updated my Bitdefender immediately. I'm really upset because this has been going on for a few months and I don't want my money to go to waste by using another antivirus program. I don't know much about BSODs and how to fix them so I really so I would really appreciate the help.

What details do I need to provide for my problem ?

Comments

• This is really strange. So far, I don't see any BSODs as of late that can be tied to this. Anyways, any update on this yet? smile2.png

• Upload dump files from here to any webhostin site and share the link

C:\Windows\Minidump

• Upload dump files from here to any webhostin site and share the link

C:\Windows\Minidump

The minidump folder is empty :huh:

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I purchased Bitdefender Total Security 2013 back in February. It worked just fine for the first 2-3 months and I'm was really happy with this product. Then I started getting BSODs. I tried uninstalling it altogether for a few days to make sure that it is causing the problem and there are no BSODs after it is uninstalled. After the new Bitdefender is released, I was hopeful that it would fix the problem and i updated my Bitdefender immediately. I'm really upset because this has been going on for a few months and I don't want my money to go to waste by using another antivirus program. I don't know much about BSODs and how to fix them so I really so I would really appreciate the help.

What details do I need to provide for my problem ?

Hello Saiful Isa,

To further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log.

The support tool executable supporttool.exe is found in this location: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

In order to be able to properly identify the causes for the reported situation and find a solution we will need to investigate a bit deeper.

Also follow the steps below and send us the result:

a ) Go to this page

and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then post it here.

You may not be able to upload the files here as they are too big so you can put them on www.sendspace.com and post the download links.

Thank you!

• Hello Saiful Isa,

To further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log.

The support tool executable supporttool.exe is found in this location: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

In order to be able to properly identify the causes for the reported situation and find a solution we will need to investigate a bit deeper.

Also follow the steps below and send us the result:

a ) Go to this page

and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then post it here.

You may not be able to upload the files here as they are too big so you can put them on www.sendspace.com and post the download links.

Thank you!

Done as you asked. Here's the file http://www.sendspace.com/file/6v48r6

By the way this is the information on my latest bsod from BlueScreenView

Dump file; 071113-26270-01.dmp

Crash time: 11/7/2013 12:19:14 PM

Bug Check String: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

Bug Check Code: 0x0000004a

Parameter 1: 00000000`7743138a

Parameter 2: 00000000`00000002

Parameter 3: 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4: fffff880`0c20db60

Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+75c00

File Description: NT Kernel & System

Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Company: Microsoft Corporation

File Version: 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

Processor: x64

Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+75c00

Full Path: C:\Windows\Minidump\071113-26270-01.dmp

Processors Count: 8

Major Version: 15

Minor Version: 7601

Dump File Size: 299,544

Dump File Time: 11/7/2013 12:20:26 PM

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Thanks for your cooperation, Saiful Isa.

The uploaded file contains only the Autoruns log. Based solely on this information, I'm guessing the issue is related to your network adapter driver. I am sending you a solution via PM.

If the issue persists afterwards could you please also upload the result of the Bitdefender Support tool log? And the latest Minidump files.

Thank you, please keep me updated.

• Thanks for your cooperation, Saiful Isa.

The uploaded file contains only the Autoruns log. Based solely on this information, I'm guessing the issue is related to your network adapter driver. I am sending you a solution via PM.

If the issue persists afterwards could you please also upload the result of the Bitdefender Support tool log? And the latest Minidump files.

Thank you, please keep me updated.

The file that you sent me is unavailable.

Appreciate the help.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please try again this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vvf2lpfeephnkkm

• Hello,

Please try again this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vvf2lpfeephnkkm

Another blocked file.

• I should let you know that I always update my drivers whenever possible, including the one you mentioned. Furthermore, when I check the availability of a new driver using Device Manager, it says that I have the latest driver.

• Here is the dump file of the latest BSOD, this time Driver Verifier enabled http://sdrv.ms/12tfbzt

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

The cause was related to one of the Bitdefender firewall drivers and the situation should've been solved after the last product update 16.31.0.1868

Please tell me if everything is working properly now.