Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Free Edition "updating" Forever

Options

Installed BitDefender 1.0.16.1023 last night and "Last Updated" has been reading "Updating..." all night. If you close the program and restart the tooltip says "BitDefender is updating for the first time" every time. Are the update servers dead? Bug? Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Installed BitDefender 1.0.16.1023 last night and "Last Updated" has been reading "Updating..." all night. If you close the program and restart the tooltip says "BitDefender is updating for the first time" every time. Are the update servers dead? Bug? Anyone else getting this?

No edit button? Well, it finally updated. I don't know if a random IP I allowed did it or it just was the slowest download ever, but it finished updating after hours and hours.

• If stuck in updating process then uninstall bitdefender completely. Restart. Then install it again.

• Same problem here. I installed Bitdefender Free Edition 1.0.18.1039 on Win 7 64 and it keeps updating forever... I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled, but the problem continues. I had previously installed the 32bit version on WinXP SP3 without any problems. Anything else i can do?

• Try to do this under safe mode with networking. Probably it might be different this time. smile2.png

• I have the same problem on windows 7 64-bit. It just doesn't update! WHERE does it save it's update files? Program files? ProgramData? user\...\AppData? I looked everywhere and no file is being added to my PC. my firewall shows NO TRAFFIC even when I allow full access.