Bitdefender Full Scan

Hello I recently purchased and installed BitDefender Anitvirus Plus 2013 on my laptop.

I initiated a full system scan, and it has been scanning for 11 hours.

It says it has scanned over 3 million files with 232 infected items and 4 million skipped items.

this doesn't seem correct to me.

how long should the full scan take?

I'm running a compaq presario windows 7.

no personal files are stored locally, i use an external HD which i shut off when i realized there was a virus.

I ran a quick scan and it said the system is clean.

I ran a scan from the bitdefender website and said i have GEN:VARIANT.KAZY.198354

so not sure what to do at this point.

can anyone suggest anything?

thanks

alex

Comments

• Hello I recently purchased and installed BitDefender Anitvirus Plus 2013 on my laptop.

I initiated a full system scan, and it has been scanning for 11 hours.

It says it has scanned over 3 million files with 232 infected items and 4 million skipped items.

this doesn't seem correct to me.

how long should the full scan take?

I'm running a compaq presario windows 7.

no personal files are stored locally, i use an external HD which i shut off when i realized there was a virus.

I ran a quick scan and it said the system is clean.

I ran a scan from the bitdefender website and said i have GEN:VARIANT.KAZY.198354

so not sure what to do at this point.

can anyone suggest anything?

thanks

alex

Scanning time depends on the speed of the system and as you've seen how many files you have. Defragmentation of the hard drives is also a good routine maintenance procedure since a full system scan is going to essentially traverse all the files on your system.

You can also stop the scan at any time and what I would recommend doing is a quick scan to make sure that any virus you have isn't affecting you O/S and then reboot and then do a system scan, again rebooting. Also if you don't have a defragmenter (the one that comes with windows works) look up mydefrag and defragment your volumes before doing a full system scan.

• Full scan I think will depend on how large your disk system is. How much memory do you currently have filled up on you disk space? smile2.png

• Full scan I think will depend on how large your disk system is. How much memory do you currently have filled up on you disk space? smile2.png

okay problem is solved. thanks to everyone who sent replies.

cheers

alexindurham

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    okay problem is solved. thanks to everyone who sent replies.

cheers

alexindurham

Hi alexindurham,

We're glad that the issue was resolved. In case you have other questions please don't hesitate to open a new topic.

Thank you, hope you have a beautiful week ahead!

This discussion has been closed.