Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Pop-up Dialog Box, Is It A Firewall?

Options
runuts
edited June 2013 in Firewall

1. i don't think your firewall so intelligent could recognize my all softwares. but if it is a two way guard firewall, why it just let them out without confirm dialog box?

medish.jpg

<_< if those app rules only can be set after let app connect outside, what's the meaning of two way firewall by the way?

4jSi.png

i don't install my prefer firewall only because prevent conflict with your internet security suite...

2. it is so silly that your update events show alerts just because i disconnect with internet and couldn't update. i don't think it should be count in an 'error'. if other av software might be alerts me signatures don't update for a long time.

R6uVd.png

3. i don't understand your IDS model.

i even don't think it is useful. when i choose a higher detection level, it just have an record in events, and blocked what process.

the 'Allow' button wouldn't work at all, because it did blocked

so i don't understand your IDS, if call it is a active defense system, at least it affected. but it is too simple, and...like a nerd doing unilateral action, is a pure "execution before".

wPLZ8.png

Comments

• Bulletbling
    edited July 2013
    Options

I agree with you. How does BitDefender know that these applications are safe for the firewall? Could it prompt us about each application? No, because BitDefender is too simple without these options. Paranoid mode will alert multiple times for each application when all I want is for it to prompt once about each application on first launch to ask me if it's safe.

I agree with you on the second point as well. My computer takes about a minute after boot up to connect to the internet or after resuming from sleep and BitDefender when set to auto update will throw me an error every time because the internet hasn't connected yet. I don't see this as an error either. This happens at least 3 times a day because I'm always putting my laptop to sleep and resuming like many are. I CANNOT STAND the little red box with the number of errors in the widget. It annoys the heck out of me EVEN WHILE I HAVE NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT THE FIREWALL TURNED OFF - THAT DOESN'T FIX IT.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

The update errors appear only if during the time when the PC was disconnected from the internet Bitdefender tried to connect to our servers to check if any updates are available (each 15 minutes).

I would recommend checking this post on how IDS works:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=186631

The information below is also available in the Bitdefender user guide. Please read it carefully and let me know if you still have questions on this matter.

Under normal conditions, you do not have to make decisions on whether to allow or deny connections or actions attempted by the applications running on your system. Bitdefender makes all the decisions for you. If you want to be in complete control of the decision making, follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.

3. In the Settings Overview window, select Firewall.

4. In the Firewall Settings window, select the Settings tab.

5. Turn on Paranoid Mode by clicking the corresponding switch.

As long as Paranoid Mode is on, an alert will be displayed prompting you for action every time one of the following situations occurs:

A An application tries to connect to the Internet.

B An application tries to perform an action considered suspicious by the Intrusion Detection System or the Active Virus Control.

The alert contains detailed information regarding the application and the detected behavior. You must select to Allow or Deny the action using the corresponding button.

Thank you.

• Bulletbling
    edited July 2013
    Options

I want to make decisions like allow permanently or just allow this time or deny permanently ONCE per program unless I didn't select permanently through the popup window because now it'll ask me multiple times for the same program... I don't want to have to go into the firewall applications settings and change it there.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your feedback.

I see your point, however it would defeat the whole purpose of paranoid mode. This is how the product was created and it won't be changed.

• andreyzip
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback.

I see your point, however it would defeat the whole purpose of paranoid mode. This is how the product was created and it won't be changed.

I totally agree with the topic starter. Why don't you make another option in addition to your paranoid mode, let's call it Learning mode. It should ask how to deal with evey new application:

- Allow permanently

- Allow temporarily (once / 5 mins / 30 mins / hour / until restart)

- Deny permanently

- Deny temporarily (once / 5 mins / 30 mins / hour / until restart)

- checkbox Create the rule (only for permanent decision)

Now Bitdefender appears to be either incontrollable or paranoid security tool.

• jitzy
    Options

sooo truee....bd firewall gives less options for users to work on their needs

• Hello,

I agree the FW BD does not have enough configuration options!

• Does this new version Auto Allow 'signed' programs by itself even when 'Paranoid Mode' is on :o ? I've heard BDIS 2013 has the problem, please can anyone tell me about this? Thanks ^_^

BDIS 2012 lets users decide with each and every program.

• J23
    Options
    I totally agree with the topic starter. Why don't you make another option in addition to your paranoid mode, let's call it Learning mode. It should ask how to deal with evey new application:

- Allow permanently

- Allow temporarily (once / 5 mins / 30 mins / hour / until restart)

- Deny permanently

- Deny temporarily (once / 5 mins / 30 mins / hour / until restart)

- checkbox Create the rule (only for permanent decision)

Now Bitdefender appears to be either incontrollable or paranoid security tool.

It is a very good point. I have already asked for this option in a wish list.

This is how the product was created and it won't be changed.

Then should we change the software instead?