Advertising Pop-ups

trapper
trapper ✭✭✭

Most companies send emails advising potential customers of new functions or upgrades, which you can open, read, buy or delete. Bitdefender seems to bypass this method by their extremely annoying pop-ups! No matter what I am doing. Just now working in a complicated spreadsheet I see a pop-up asking if I want to upgrade to a new something or other that will cost me another £20 or so and I think speeds up my system with a Proton or a Photon..... I just hit the X and closed the pop-up. Anyway, I lost my train of thought and lost where I was so had to re-think the sheet.

Bitdefender did not sell me anything but did manage to *i$$ me off, now, maybe I would have bought the upgrade if I could have read and taken in what it said in my own time, from the email they could have sent!!!

MOST people do not want advertising stuffed up their noses!

Your comments Bitdefender?......

Comments

• trapper
    trapper ✭✭✭

Checked my in box, no email about this speed up, but I did find one about them remotely configuring my PC for around £31 that was accompanied with annoying Pop-Ups.

• trapper
    trapper ✭✭✭

Writing an email this morning, suddenly half the screen showing Bitdefenders annoying advert for 'Total Security upgrade at £19.95', one of its attributes is 'Non Invasive' Not like their pop-ups then!

• trapper
    trapper ✭✭✭

Yet again this annoying pop-up, Grrrrrr, how do you stop them? I should be working on the spreadsheet, not wasting my time by typing these posts.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013
    The "OFFICIAL" response:

There is no way to turn off the pop-ups.

The only method of stopping the pop-ups is to contact "Custom Service" about Bitdefender 2013 http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html and ask them to place the E-mail address associated with your account onto their list.

Withing 48 hours, according to Bitdefender, you will no longer receive the pop-ups.

I don't know, trapper, but you may need to resort to the above, taken from this post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=180283

Supposedly they were going to make some changes on how this occurs, but seemingly, not so much, yet: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=186198

edit: sp

• I see I'm not the only one thinking this was a scum-bag move :blink:

Both myself and my wife are juuust about ready to uninstall BitAnnoyance for good.

Why couldn't they just send an email?

Well, it was the best product around but I suspect Top 10 Reviews will be getting wind of this NAG-SCREEN and they'll undoubtedly fall in the rankings. How the mighty have fallen...

But anyway, I thought NAG-SCREENS were for demo products.

Bad, bad move on their part. Goodbye BitDefender, hello Corporate Defender. I'm sure they'll be working out a partnership with Norton before long...

• Update:

Bit Defender support emailed to say the latest update will eliminate the popups.

Nice! :D

• mdhowes
    edited August 2013
    Bit Defender support emailed to say the latest update will eliminate the popups.

I was told that a couple of years ago. I personally don't believe they give a crap about the few people complaining and are not willing to change or remove this 'feature'.

I've been told:

- It will only come up around renewal time. Lie (I have 117 days left)

- The ads only pops up once a reboot. Lie

- It will only come up once a year. Lie

- And of cause, the same as you, I was told it would be removed in future release. Lie

As such, I have asked them to remove any auto-renewals on my account and will be switched to something else. I've had enough.

Edit:

Almost forgot. I've been told to PM some forum admin and he'll block the ads. When you try to PM the guy you get a message saying they have disabled PMs.