New Installation With Full Offline Setup File

Hi,

I bought Bitdefender Total Security 2013 a few months ago. Download the online setup and then install it. It download the full version during installation. It takes several hours to complete the download process. I'm using slow internet connection (1 MB/minute). Cancel the installation. Download the full offline installation from internet cafe (fastest internet connection). Then install the offline setup (344 MB). But then it download the full version again instead of updating the virus database and/or necessary files only. Sigh! :wacko:

So, what's the differences between the standard setup and the offline full setup if both download the same size files? Useless!

So, I download the freeware firewall and use it. Not using Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Now I try to install the new downloaded full offline setup today and try to install it. Nothing change! It still download the full version again during installation! OMG! What for you provide the full offline setup file if it download the full file again? Download twice? Headache!

Comments

• Hi,

I bought Bitdefender Total Security 2013 a few months ago. Download the online setup and then install it. It download the full version during installation. It takes several hours to complete the download process. I'm using slow internet connection (1 MB/minute). Cancel the installation. Download the full offline installation from internet cafe (fastest internet connection). Then install the offline setup (344 MB). But then it download the full version again instead of updating the virus database and/or necessary files only. Sigh! :wacko:

So, what's the differences between the standard setup and the offline full setup if both download the same size files? Useless!

So, I download the freeware firewall and use it. Not using Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Now I try to install the new downloaded full offline setup today and try to install it. Nothing change! It still download the full version again during installation! OMG! What for you provide the full offline setup file if it download the full file again? Download twice? Headache!

Bro Just press no if it asks for newer files download while installing

• Shouldn't BD recognize that the files are there already? I mean, It should ask to download anymore. smile2.png

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013
    Shouldn't BD recognize that the files are there already? I mean, It should ask to download anymore. smile2.png

As Alexnova (OP) was a bit confused, so was I with the post. If the full offline kit was fully downloaded, then it will not/should not download the full kit during an install, which as of today is 359 MB for the Total Security 64bit .exe file. During install using the offline kits, when it asks to check for new files (can't remember the exact wording) it is only looking for any new updates, fixes, virus signatures that may have occurred since the last update to the offline kits. The offline kits are not maintained daily and are usually only updated after a build change, otherwise this would be to much maintenance on Bitdefender's end.

Ozziebear asked the good question concerning the difference between the Online and Offline installers, with some excellent thoughts given by members, especially ONT's summation post, #14: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=41135&hl=

Hope this helped :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Alexnova,

The information already provided above is correct.

Please feel free to post back in case you need further instructions, we'll gladly help you.

• Shouldn't BD recognize that the files are there already? I mean, It should ask to download anymore. smile2.png

As far as I know the offline setup is updated only when the Build is changed. So if you install the product from the offline setup, it will ask for checking updates, and if you OK to continue this, it will download some updates and this is Normal, nothing to worried about that.