Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2014 Installation Error.

Options

Hello all,

I have a problem with installing Bitdefender Total Security 2014, I'm in a bit of a predicament here...

So when I purchased Bitdefender, I immediately removed the free version of Avast! and I had no problems with directly installing Total Security 2014 by downloading the direct installer from the website. I've installed it and it was working flawlessly and I was very happy with the software. A couple of days later, though, I had to re-install my Windows 7 - 64bit and I had to install Bitdefender anew, I uninstalled Bitdefender from my PC with the uninstall tool before the Windows re-installation and I've cleaned the registry with the CCleaner tool, then i proceeded with the Windows re-installation.

Everything went fine and I tried to download and install Bitdefender Total Security the same way I did before, but this time it said that "The software is already found on this PC" or something along those lines, so I couldn't proceed with the installation, which was followed by an error Message, which I will attach as a screenshot in this post. I've contacted customer support and they gave me an uninstall tool and an offline installer for Total Security 2013, I've activated them and had no problems installing TS 2013 but the thing with it is that it slows my computer a lot and the lag gradually increases as the computer stays on, from browsing to opening files, to reading documents and generally performing really bad, if I don't restart the PC for a while (6-7) hours it starts to lag so badly that it randomly freezes the whole system for about 5 seconds.

So generally my question is: Is there a way for me to install Total Security 2014? I know all of this is a bit confusing but I wanted to share everything I could in this post, sorry for the trouble.

Cheers!

post-151075-1375022563_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello, again, friends.

I've downloaded and ran the official "New Bitdefender Uninstall Tool" and everything worked flawlessly, I've managed to install the new Bitdefender TS 2014's beta and I haven't noticed any problems with performance!

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience caused, I just had to read a bit more in the forum.

Topic may be deleted.

Cheers!

• Did you use the 'New bitdefender unistall tool' before installation?

• antikythera
    Options

also, The New Bitdefender is no longer in beta. If you downloaded from somewhere that has a beta release, you may want to start again via this forum thread's official release version offline installer:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

• also, The New Bitdefender is no longer in beta. If you downloaded from somewhere that has a beta release, you may want to start again via this forum thread's official release version offline installer:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Downloaded and Installed, works perfectly, thanks. :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Ezdul,

Glad to notice that everything is working OK now.

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your results. Your feedback is appreciated.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.