Windows 8 Live Tiles

Asparanoix
edited July 2013 in Firewall

I just installed new Bitdefender Internet Security on the new computer with Windows 8. The Live Tiles aren't working properly. This is the second computer I have installed Bitdefender and received not working Live Tiles!!!

Comments

• I just installed new Bitdefender Internet Security on the new computer with Windows 8. The Live Tiles aren't working properly. This is the second computer I have installed Bitdefender and received not working Live Tiles!!!

dude just update BD I have No problems

• no problem here either, have you changed any firewall settings since installing internet security?

• no problem here either, have you changed any firewall settings since installing internet security?

I have the default settings. The things also doesn't work properly: SmartScreen for files in Desktop mode and Service Center connections. Bitdefender has been installed on fresh and updated Windows 8.

The typical malfunction of Live Tiles can be observed on the weather app. The tile doesn't update the presented data.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Asparanoix,

Thank you for reporting these issues.

Please tell me if everything works OK when you turn off the Bitdefender firewall. You can find the switcher on the main Bitdefender interface - Firewall panel.

Looking forward to your feedback!

• Same here. I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2014.

Everything works fine when I turn off the Bitdefender firewall

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback, sToRmInG

Setting Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP to Allow should solve the issue in his case:

- bring up the Bitdefender interface

- click on Settings

- choose the Firewall panel > Settings tab

- click on General rules

- go to Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP > use the drop-down menu to select 'Allow'

Please let me know how is everything going.

• sToRmInG
    edited August 2013

That is working. I'll post my experience with it as I have tested it completely

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

@ sToRmInG

I'm glad it works. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

I need to know if there are any customers with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus who encounter this issue with Live Tiles on Windows 8.

• @ sToRmInG

I'm glad it works. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

I need to know if there are any customers with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus who encounter this issue with Live Tiles on Windows 8.

I have this problem too!

• chriskbradley61
    edited September 2013

And my cd-rom will not eject after bitdefender starts

• Thank you for your feedback, sToRmInG

Setting Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP to Allow should solve the issue in his case:

- bring up the Bitdefender interface

- click on Settings

- choose the Firewall panel > Settings tab

- click on General rules

- go to Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP > use the drop-down menu to select 'Allow'

Please let me know how is everything going.

Hi,

This doesn't work. I have the latest version of Bitdefender and I cannot open links in mail, download app updates or see live tile events. I have tried uninstalling Bitdefender and all to no avail. The only solution is to turn off the firewall and turn on the windows firewall. This issue has persisted since I've had my Window's 8 laptop with Bitdefender 2013 and 2014. I've had Bitdefender since 2008 and my renewal is up in 29 days, however, I am seriously considering not renewing. ALL posts by Bitdefender have helped in no way on this matter.

• @ chrisbradley, @ hadoken13

If you are still dealing with this issue, please post here a support tool log to further investigate the case:

http://bitdefender.com/diagnostic

You may not be able to upload the BDSP_ log resulted on your Desktop here as it is too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com and post the download link.

Thank you!