Syntaxerror: Json Parse Error: Unexpected Eof

Keep getting this popup in Safari, my preferred browser:

"SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF"

I'm on a Mac and have the free Bitdefender version. Only happens in Safari. I can work on Firefox without an issues (that's how I'm able to access this forum).

What does it mean and how do I resolve it?

Thanks

Comments

• By the way, what safari version do you currently have here? smile2.png

• By the way, what safari version do you currently have here? smile2.png

Hi! :-)

I have the same problem too, Safari 6.0.5 OSX 10.8.4 - Thanks!

post-151532-1375361035_thumb.png

• Same here. Just started a few days ago with the free version. I updated to the paid version and still get it. I see that this is not a new issue and goes back a couple of years, but haven't seen any postings about how to fix it.

• Same here. Just started a few days ago with the free version. I updated to the paid version and still get it. I see that this is not a new issue and goes back a couple of years, but haven't seen any postings about how to fix it.

This is really annoying. I get the same error message all the time with Safari 6.1 running on Mac OS X 10.8.5.

I have tried all remedies I could think of, including resetting Safari and removing all obsolete plug-ins.

By the way, I discovered that plug-ins, at least in my computer, are not stored in the home folder "~/Library/" but in the system folder's Library.

In any case, could anyone at Bitdefender indicate a clear method for getting rid of this bug? I see that this has been around for long enough!

For the record, the error message that keeps popping up is:

Bitdefender
    SyntaxErrot: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF

This appears regardless of the website. See the included screen shot.

Thank you for your time,

post-165343-1384145493_thumb.png

• Hello all,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that the issue is on our end (the cloud server) and it will be solved as soon as possible without any action from your side.

Thank you for your understanding.