User Mode Keeps Changing To Autopilot

preguntonontrack
edited August 2013 in General

Hello since i upgraded to the New bitdefender i ve been having some issues. The main one is that after i set up my settings and preferences when i restart or just minimize Bitdefender it changes to auto pilot and it changes some settings... I dont want that! never happened to me with 2013.

... other problems are random freezes that unfreeze after some time. Also the firewall keeps asking several times for the same program even thought i have the application (browser) open and doing normal browsing. Old paranoid was better.. I love being asked to allow programs but not again again until i reset rules...

Latest TS Bitdefender and Windows 7 Ultimate.

Comments

• I notice that the settings that most change are the ones under firewall general rules i always change incoming remote and sending emails to deny and when it changed to autopilot by its own it goes back to allow.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello preguntonontrack,

To further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log.

The support tool executable supporttool.exe is found in this location: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

You may not be able to upload the file here as it is too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com and post the download link.

Thank you!

• Hello preguntonontrack,

To further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log.

The support tool executable supporttool.exe is found in this location: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

You may not be able to upload the file here as it is too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com and post the download link.

Thank you!

Thanks for the reply a little late thought. I kinda investigated this issue on my own re-installing and testing trials in others pcs... it seem bitdefender by default resets general rules or i am wrong?

• Sometimes it helps changing the wanted settings as an administrator. After that also 'normal' users keep this settings...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

A product update was recently released (build version 17.16.0.729). Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue persists.

Looking forward to hearing from you!