Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Print From Outlook 2010 Over Network

Options
ejp
ejp
edited August 2013 in General

After installing Bitdefender 2013 I lost the ability to print from my laptop over the network (USB printers) but only from Outlook. Office prints fine.

After disabling EVERYTHING I can now print. To save me the trial and error of enabling one thing at a time, any suggestions on what killed Outlook printing?

I'm not using the firewall since I can't for the life of me find it anyway. Not very intutive. With the MS Win 7 firewall + a router, do not need it anyway. When I Google instructions on enabling it, I see nothing in any menus that reference it. Where the heck is it?

thanks for any help.

Comments

• ejp
    ejp
    edited August 2013
    Options
    After installing Bitdefender 2013 I lost the ability to print from my laptop over the network (USB printers) but only from Outlook. Office prints fine.

After disabling EVERYTHING I can now print. To save me the trial and error of enabling one thing at a time, any suggestions on what killed Outlook printing?

I'm not using the firewall since I can't for the life of me find it anyway. Not very intutive. With the MS Win 7 firewall + a router, do not need it anyway. When I Google instructions on enabling it, I see nothing in any menus that reference it. Where the heck is it?

thanks for any help.

now it's working. I disabled everything, enabled one by one and it's still printing. rebooted, still printing. I have BD plus 2013, thus no firewall. So what was blocking it? changed nothing else?

Whoops, spoke too soon. one printer was working, the 2nd was not, now neither print. Back where I started and everything's disabled in BD. Guess a full uninstall is next step.

Any suggestions?

• now it's working. I disabled everything, enabled one by one and it's still printing. rebooted, still printing. I have BD plus 2013, thus no firewall. So what was blocking it? changed nothing else?

Whoops, spoke too soon. one printer was working, the 2nd was not, now neither print. Back where I started and everything's disabled in BD. Guess a full uninstall is next step.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

it seems no one from BD has answered.

The problem can be solved by adding a 'trusted zone'.

Go to Settings-<Firewall->Adapter Rules and add a zone. I do not know how to add a IP-Adress-range. So just find out the IP adress of your printer and add this address as a zone. Repeat this step for all IP printers.

Hope this helped.

• antikythera
    edited August 2013
    Options

There is no firewall to add anything to a trusted zone for.

It is most likely AVC blocking printer driver components on your system by mistakenly identifying their actions as malware type behaviour. Try temporarily disabling AVC long enough to print something to each printer.

If they print, you need to try adding the driver files for the printers to the antivirus excluded process, files and folders list. Since I don't know the specifics about your printers you would have to consult their literature/speak to the manufacturer about which processes and files you may need to exclude.