How To Backup Bd Settings ?

How to backup settings from a BD-IS installation?

Especially the firewall settings are 'grown' over some time, so a backup would be reasonable!

Comments

• It would be useful to be able to but unfortunately it isn't possible at present.

It has been requested in the past and declined for whatever reason by the management team. Given the level of interest and repeated requests, I believe they should revisit this decision and strongly consider implementing the feature in the next release.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ bitter150

As antikythera already mentioned above, such option is not available in the Bitdefender classic line.

Thank you for your feedback.

• @ bitter150As antikythera already mentioned above, such option is not available in the Bitdefender classic line.

Thanks. So please note it as a newly feature request according to most competitors.

Thanks again.

• @ Georgia

In the register found these data, for what they answer?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitdefenderSavedSettings

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

Hi, by default this registry key doesn't exist in the new Bitdefender 17.16.0.729, please tell me what actions did you perform prior to finding this key.

• I am interested too...

Backup BD settigs would be very useful!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

The firewall settings and exceptions are saved in .xml files, so you could replace the original files with the ones saved upon the back-up. Here are the files I'm referring to:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\settings\Firewall\rules.xml

(keeps the rules and exceptions added overtime to Bitdefender firewall. The first 50 rules are those for Windows, they are automatically whitelisted. You are interested only in the entries that follow.)

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\settings\Firewall\profiles.xml

(keeps the network type settings - e.g. Home/Office, Remote.. etc.)

I hope this helps.

• bitter150
    edited August 2013

Ok, for Win7prof-64 with BD-IS-2014 I did find the files in:

c:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\settings\firewall\....xml

I will try backup/restore after temporary deactivating BD's firewall and following reboot, thanks.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

OK, let me know how that goes.

• There was a utility for saving files XML - Copy XML tool, but with the latest anti-virus, it does not work.

http://yadi.sk/d/dm9RBv8U8DMP7

• @ Rampant

It won't work anymore with the new Bitdefender products.

Thank you all for your feedback. At this moment there is no other way to backup the Bitdefender Firewall settings, except the options already provided here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=194979

This discussion has been closed.