No Tech Support

10 DAYS WAITING FOR TECH SUPPORT TO RESPOND, 14 DAYS SINCE I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT AND CAN'T INSTALL IT. If anyone is thinking of buying Bitdefender, think again. I tried to install the new Bitdefender and got error messages ("An exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at *, * being a different place each time I get the message. Tech support had me uninstall the old product a few times, send them three different logs. Then nothing for the last ten days. I contacted customer service and they said they would "accelerate" it five days ago. They said they suspect a virus and sent my logs to the virus lab. My computer had been protected by Bitdefender 2013 since I bought the computer, so obviously Bitdefender does not trust its own product to protect your computer. This is just unacceptable.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello saritta,

Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us improve our products and services.

Generally, this error message is generated when the installer doesn't finish downloading the plugins. I have checked the email address used for this forum account and I couldn't find a ticket in the system. Please post back your ticket ID so I can help you with this.

Looking forward to your reply.

• Be patient. I can see that this is a rare issue. Support might need to take some time to duplicate this. smile2.png

• I gave up and asked for a refund 21 days after I bought the product and was unable to install it. At one point, 10 days passed between tech support contacts. After the last "fix," I was no longer able to reinstall the old version of Bitdefender either even though I had two months left on it but Bitdefender refuses to give me a refund for that. Ticket was 201308061038301.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ sarita

I made a follow-up on the ticket.

The order #19541325 (for the new Bitdefender) has been refunded and the returned amount of 29.95 $ will be visible in your account in maximum 7 business days.

Also, your old key for Bitdefender Total Security 2013 is now valid. We have added 2 extra validity months to the subscription,

as a symbolic compensation for the hassle you might have been through. The new expiration date for this key is 2013/12/06 and you will see this change in the product in 24 hours.

Please try again to use your old key, this time will work. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day!