[solved] Bdfndisf6.sys Blue Screen

I keep getting a blue screen of death every once in awhile on my desktop computer with Windows 7 x64 and my laptop less often with Windows 8 x64 with the most recent being on my laptop. I don't have any security software on my computer and have disabled ipv6 as recommended somewhere. Tell me what I need to send you.

Thanks.

Comments

• BSODs are usually caused by faulty memory modules. On your desktop, you might want to try reseating the RAM and see if it makes a difference. smile2.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ Bulletbling

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience you encounter with the BSOD's.

To be able to help you further, please follow the steps described in this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=195602

We will also need the latest Minidump logs:

. When a BSOD occurs, Windows writes crash information in C:\Windows\Minidump

. Compress the content of the Minidump folder and attach it as a reply to this email.

. If the file is too large and you cannot send it via email please

upload it on www.sendspace.com or on www.mediafire.com.

We will analyze the information you send and then reply with a possible solution.

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.

• I get a Bdfndisf.sys blue screen error while loading a webpage and it stops loading or the browser cant load the page because the system is about to crash. I've also noticed that my computer has troubles staying connected to wireless networks, disconnects often, and sometimes cannot connect without restarting the wireless adapter a few times. I believe BitDefender is interfering with my network adapter or something even with the firewall off probably meaning there is a driver issue.

The blue screen says IRQL DRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL and is in the minidump titled "083113-15875-01.dmp".

I've also had another bsod error which is posted in the other minidump attached titled "083113-15046-01.dmp" and I believe that also has to do with BitDefender messing with my computer.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/g15tScnvAgZpZOlQKajAog

• Thank you for taking the time to submit this information.

Please tell me if the BSOD still occurs when you set Incoming ICMPv6 to 'allow' as you mention in the first post. I also need to know if the crash persists when the Bitdefender firewall is turned OFF.

Next, please download the latest driver for Atheros Communications Inc.® AR81Family Gigabit/Fast Ethernet Driver from the official website. Remove the current one from Device manager then install the latest one.

If the BSOD still occurs even after that, I will need full dumps, but more on that later.

Let me know how everything went after following the above steps. Thank you!

• It only does it every now and then so I will wait and see if the problem is resolved with Incoming ICMPv6 off and if it isn't, I will also turn firewall off. If one of these is the problem, I'll let you know. It may be another few days or a dozen days before I respond because the problem cannot be forced to occur. I do think it may have something to do with my OpenVPN on at the same time as BitDefender though.

Thanks.

• Take your time, I will keep an eye on this topic if the BSOD re-occurs afterwards.

Have a lovely week ahead!

• milcs40
    edited November 2013

Hello!

I have been using Bitdefender for the past couple of years and it has been my software of choice to keep my computer safe! It does a pretty good job at it even if, every now an then, I do have a few problems and crashes with it!

So, everything was working perfectly well until a few days ago, when I have started using Private Internet Access VPN service. Ever since, when I am using my VPN connection, I am having constant BSODs that give me an error associated with bdfndisf6.sys (very often in conjunction with ntoskrnl.exe). Another piece of information (that I am not sure it is relevant), these crashes only happen when I am using P2P software (namely, uTorrent).

To try and solve the issue myself, I have uninstalled both VPN client and Bitdefender (by using the uninstaller in Safe Mode). When I don't have Bitdefender installed, my VPN connection works flawlessly with no crashes. Installing Bitdefender again, leads to the same kind of crashes. Further, disabling the firewall module, also prevents the crashes from happening.

I am attaching:

- The minidump files (a rar containing the several BSOD I have experienced): http://www.sendspace.com/file/8k92vf

- The file collected by Bitdefender's report tool: http://www.sendspace.com/file/svl4hm

Please help... I really want to continue being able to use Bitdefender as I believe it is a great solution!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Regards

• Anyone?

Do Bitdefender's staff follow the forum?

• Take your time, I will keep an eye on this topic if the BSOD re-occurs afterwards.

Have a lovely week ahead!

Hi, I have similar problem! Here is the dump files:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nw3v0k

• meteora1
    edited December 2013

Hi

I have the same problem with Bdfndisf6.sys driver that causes my system to BSOD suddenly. for me it happens when i unplug the lan cable from my laptop. this issue has been reported several times before (u can search the forum) but the BD support team just asked for mini-dump etc. and simply did nothing or said that the problem is solved in 2013 version. I am using 2014 version and the problem still persists.

this is really annoying because my saved work is lost. BD support just ignores this bug, i think that i have to migrate to another brand if this won't be solved in near future :(

• Hi all

i do have the BSOD problem with this bdfndisf6.sys file, with all the latest BD and windows updates.

don't bother posting mini dumps here as it is done many times before with no meaningful result and/or solution from BD support team. (just serach the forums) I'm really disappointed with this so called "program of the year"

• Hello everyone,

To help you address this issue in a timely manner we kindly ask you to send us an email by using the contact form below. Make sure to mention this topic.

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

Thank you very much, have a lovely day!

• Hello,

Please refer to this post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=205993

Thank you for your understanding.

• cewjr9842
    edited January 2014

I am getting the BSOD due to the bdfndisf6.sys and the bdselfpr.sys

I have also attached the bdsp* file. Please help me out. I love bitdefender and don't want to have to uninstall it.

BDSP is below:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A6629...int=file%2c.zip

post-176413-1390869404_thumb.jpg

post-176413-1390870093_thumb.jpg

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

We will release a new version of the bdfndisf6.sys driver soon, through automatic of the Bitdefender product. It will stop the reported BSOD.

Thank you for helping us to fix this issue.

• I get the same issue when using vpn software, and only when using vpn software for the last 6 months. Used to get it constantly due to killer network software however once the killer network software is removed and just the driver used the bsod's stopped during normal operation and just occured during vpn. <_<

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭
    Hello,

We will release a new version of the bdfndisf6.sys driver soon, through automatic of the Bitdefender product. It will stop the reported BSOD.

Thank you for helping us to fix this issue.

Georgia,

Please advise when this fix is implemented so that we can reinstall the PIA/VPN software.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

The BSOD reported in this topic is now solved.

Please make sure that the Bitdefender product updates daily, and in order to do this please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray (near Windows clock) and choose 'Update now'.

The latest build version is 17.28.0.1191. To make sure you have the latest build please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray, choose ‘About’ and look at the ‘Product Information’.

Thank you for helping us to fix it!

• Hello all,

The BSOD reported in this topic is now solved.

Please make sure that the Bitdefender product updates daily, and in order to do this please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray (near Windows clock) and choose 'Update now'.

The latest build version is 17.28.0.1191. To make sure you have the latest build please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray, choose ‘About’ and look at the ‘Product Information’.

Thank you for helping us to fix it!

My Bit Defender is updated to the version you mentioned and yet I keep getting crashes that are related to Bit Defender.

Here's a link to my minidump and BD Support Tool report

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n91ib3d69ac3njl/...l_-PAaz0RWZfSoa

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Hamanu,

Thank you for your post.

I have checked the mini dump logs as well as the support tool log you uploaded on Dropbox. I can see that the BSOD is not related to the Bitdefender firewall driver mentioned in this topic: bdfndisf6.sys.

The cause of the BSOD is different in your case. Please install the latest Windows updates.

If the BSOD still occurs afterwards, right click on the file "netio.sys" from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and from the menu choose "Properties". In the upper part click on "Details" tab. Capture a screen shot of the information displayed in that tab and post it back.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Hello Hamanu,

Thank you for your post.

I have checked the mini dump logs as well as the support tool log you uploaded on Dropbox. I can see that the BSOD is not related to the Bitdefender firewall driver mentioned in this topic: bdfndisf6.sys.

The cause of the BSOD is different in your case. Please install the latest Windows updates.

If the BSOD still occurs afterwards, right click on the file "netio.sys" from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and from the menu choose "Properties". In the upper part click on "Details" tab. Capture a screen shot of the information displayed in that tab and post it back.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for your prompt response. In the meantime I also found on a different forum that BitDefender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are not great friends so I uninstalled that one and will check if the problem persists.

• I keep getting a blue screen of death every once in awhile on my desktop computer with Windows 7 x64 and my laptop less often with Windows 8 x64 with the most recent being on my laptop. I don't have any security software on my computer and have disabled ipv6 as recommended somewhere. Tell me what I need to send you.

Thanks.

:P solution

i am looking for hours and nothing seems to help and then I found this

How to FIX Stop:0x000000D1 – DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Error ?

• Hi everyone.

I have a brand new computer and just purchased Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. It is giving me this blue screen error.

Here is the log file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/r5ghor

can anyone help?

this situation does not appear to be resolved.

• Hi everyone.

I have a brand new computer and just purchased Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. It is giving me this blue screen error.

Here is the log file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/r5ghor

can anyone help?

this situation does not appear to be resolved.

Hi Veleda,

A BSOD on a brand new computer is very rare and unhealthy...

Brand computers are loaded with softwares more or less useful and with antimalware programs.

On your computer, there is McAfee and it creates a conflict with BD.

Please make a full deinstallation of McAfee, maybe a repair of Bitdefender (if you see problems after that.)

Which is your system? W7? W8?

These two latest system have repair functions you could use if necessary too.

Regards,

L

Remember:

one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

• You can follow this guide sure it will help you. https://www.howtoseeks.com/dpc_watchdog_violation-windows-10/

• Same issue i faced but now fixed with

• Uninstall Faulty Drivers

• Update Problematic Drivers

You can follow more for this easy guide which is shared here https://www.howtoseeks.com/irql_not_less_or_equal-windows-10/

• Yup try to uninstall Mcafee completely on your system before you will install the Bitdefender. Because from my understanding it is very rare to have that following BSOD if you are using a brand new computer so removing the faulty drivers will fix the issue. @mohars your link is very helpful. default_happy.png